The MT-07 Forum

Lunchbox87km

Been waiting on the bike to be finished an it finally is. The color came out better than I could wish for.  I want to thank @Bigturbomax for helping me with this project and all the projects to come since I do have some items on the way.  

20171123_112600_crop_482x621.jpg

20171123_112035_crop_604x517.jpg

Nice looking paint job and nice shade of green! Did you paint it yourself and if so, spray can or other? # of coats, clear coat/what kind? The process in short. 

Beemer

8 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Nice looking paint job and nice shade of green! Did you paint it yourself and if so, spray can or other? # of coats, clear coat/what kind? The process in short. 

I wish I had painted it myself but I am not talented enough to do it.  A  co-worker of @Bigturbomax who paints cars did the work and he did an excellent job

13 minutes ago, Grip it & Rip it said:

Looks really good! I considered getting mine painted british racing green...

That's a good color. My green is the mustang Bullitt green

Yeah my buddy in the body shop did the paint in a booth with pro tools using a Ford color called "highland green metallic" from the special edition bullit mustang. Im not sure how much clear he used, but it is GLOSSY in person. Came out real good. 

30 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Yeah my buddy in the body shop did the paint in a booth with pro tools using a Ford color called "highland green metallic" from the special edition bullit mustang. Im not sure how much clear he used, but it is GLOSSY in person. Came out real good. 

What he said.... the pictures give it no justice you need to see it in person

• Global Moderator
12 hours ago, Lunchbox87km said:

Been waiting on the bike to be finished an it finally is. The color came out better than I could wish for.  I want to thank @Bigturbomax for helping me with this project and all the projects to come since I do have some items on the way.  

20171123_112600_crop_482x621.jpg

20171123_112035_crop_604x517.jpg

Would it be overstepping to delete this out of spite?  Totally copied me :(

I wouldnt do that though... I mean... it is the sincerest form of flattery after all

15115926774541811951642.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

4 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

I wouldnt do that though... I mean... it is the sincerest form of flattery after all

Nice bike,  looks like the color is holding up good. How long has it been since you painted yours

• Global Moderator

Almost 2 years now

Went with the black forest green from the Chrysler line 

3 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

Almost 2 years now

Went with the black forest green from the Chrysler line 

I like it, I was thinking about doing o.d. green at first then my friend showed me the green from the mustang and I liked it. I'm new to this site and I just got the fz07 one week ago.  Do you keep your bike in a garage or covered and what other mods have you done to yours, I'm trying to get ideas about what to do next besides getting a windscreen or fender delete

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Lunchbox87km said:

....and what other mods have you done To yours...

His bike? Just a couple of minor little mods. Hahaha

My bike is slowly heading in that direction too, sork. 

• Global Moderator

I keep my bike garaged at night, but during the day it sits in the arizona sun during class and work

I have too many mods... i really should go through and start a thread/journal about it but havent gotten around to it. 

But needless to say its probably easier to do a vid/ walkaround

2 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

I keep my bike garaged at night, but during the day it sits in the arizona sun during class and work

I have too many mods... i really should go through and start a thread/journal about it but havent gotten around to it. 

But needless to say its probably easier to do a vid/ walkaround

Can't wait for the vid, currently my bike is at my friends garage I'm planing on building a small shed for when it comes home.

• Global Moderator
19 minutes ago, i28 said:

His bike? Just a couple of minor little mods. Hahaha

My bike is slowly heading in that direction too, sork. 

My bike needs a bath

Also i'll have to do it again in the light... cops juat roled by thinkin i was trying to steal my bike

7 hours ago, sorkyah said:

My bike needs a bath

Also i'll have to do it again in the light... cops juat roled by thinkin i was trying to steal my bike

That would be a good story.  Getting arrested for stealing your own bike

On 11/24/2017 at 3:59 PM, Lunchbox87km said:

That's a good color. My green is the mustang Bullitt green

Should've been named McQueen Green, that dude was so awesome.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
20 hours ago, sorkyah said:

I thought that looked familiar when I first saw this thread.  It is a great looking color. 

23 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I thought that looked familiar when I first saw this thread.  It is a great looking color. 

I had no idea someone else has done this color or similar to it. I think both bikes are beautiful.  

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, Lunchbox87km said:

I had no idea someone else has done this color or similar to it. I think both bikes are beautiful.  

You would have only have had to search 125,000 posts.  I am surprised you missed it 😋.

9 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

You would have only have had to search 125,000 posts.  I am surprised you missed it 1f60b.png.

Well I'm new to the site and I'm sticking with that answer 😅

• Global Moderator
55 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Awesome! I love the bronze exhaust header color combined with that green. You should try to incorporate that more (bronze wheels?)

Red is the only accent color for green  ;)

9 hours ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Awesome! I love the bronze exhaust header color combined with that green. You should try to incorporate that more (bronze wheels?)

@Bigturbomax has a bronze that I was looking at for the frame covers I might doit not sure yet.  

@sorkyah not too big on red myself I think it would over power the green and that's not what I want 

Archived