The MT-07 Forum

New exhaust

stack34

So is it true, in order to do a proper upgrade you need to reflash or add a control unit? Everything I've read has never given me this information until the last week. Which will damper my upgrades for the spring. Not happy

You pay to play

Yes it is true depending on what you want to do. You can toss an exhaust in anything, or a ir box or this or that and get minimal gains.  You want this sleeping beauty to come alive, then yes flash, pvc, exhaust you can, you must pay to play.  Or you can live with the mediocre strangled performance of a stock machine and learn to short shift for mega fun.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

You do not need an ECU flash but it will run much better with one.  I still have the stock exhaust and the ECU flash is the best upgrade I have done.  I would spend money on that before I spent it on an exhaust, especially if you have a US spec bike. 

https://fz07.org/forum/20/yamaha-fz-07-ecu-reflash/

everything you need to know on the thread above. If you’re going to take the time to upgrade exhaust may as well get everything out of your bike you can. 

ECU flash makes it a totally different bike, coupled with new exhaust you’ll be stoked. Before I bought my exhaust I reached out to 2WheelDyno to confirm what I’d already researched. Akra Ti exhaust and 2WDW flash is the best setup.

Archived