The MT-07 Forum

Email notifications

faffi

Not too many days ago, I began receiving e-mails regarding activity on this site that I do not want. I checked my notification settings, and the only thing I have asked for is pop-up if I have something new happening. Am I doing something wrong, or is the system having a bit of fun by itself?

Same happened to me. I have just now turned everything off except 'do not send me notifications'. However, that does not seem to be relevant to what I received. 

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

If you scroll down the notification settings page there is a two columned list: the left side is for site notifications, and the right side is for email notifications--just uncheck anything that you don't want emails for.  Hope this helps.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

If you are getting notifications you may have inadvertantly check the Notify me option

In your Prifile under settings choose Manage Followed Content.  Is anthing listed if yes this is the source. (There are three options there, TOPICs Forums and Others

Notify.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

8 hours ago, faffi said:

All three look like this:

Nothing.JPG

Spam from Russian Hackers Awesome

Three Trumps Up

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Im checking on this now. Is anyone else getting any unwanted emails after turing off notifications? 

For the record, i do not suggest turning all notifications off. You will not be notified if someone sends you a message, or if I send out an important announcement. 

@faffi What do the emails say exactly? Are they sending you threads that you participated in? Are they sending you all new threads or topics? 

I had to stop the hate mail ;)

I received a several notification emails that I didn't expect about a week ago. But it only happened that one day, and never happened again. I figured it was just some odd glitch. Didn't hurt anything. Took about 10 seconds to delete it all. 

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

@faffi What do the emails say exactly? Are they sending you threads that you participated in? Are they sending you all new threads or topics? 

Thank you for looking into this. I get emails if something has taken place with a topic I have participated in. The emails also contain the actual post made and a link to it.

Here are the first line from the most recent emails: 

-You were mentioned by Cruizin in a post in a topic, Email notifications 

-r1limited quoted one of your posts in a topic. 

-You were mentioned by DewMan in a post in a topic, Downsizing? 

-rider quoted one of your posts in a topic. 

On 21/11/2017 at 11:33 AM, faffi said:

Anyone see any errors here that result in me getting emails?

Skjermbilde settings FZ07.JPG

I have only just discovered that below this list of notifications preferences is a whole host of switches that can be thrown. I have done a few which should sort the problem for me.

Just do it! 

Yes, I checked the settings and everything looks fine on our end. 

Everyone is able to go into their notification settings and adjust what notifications you do and do not get. 

But do not shut off all notifications. The people who did that are the same who didn't get the message that they would be locked out of the new forum software until they change their password.  I still get emails from people who didn't get the message and cant get into their forum account. 

Archived