The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Michigan

beavil

47 minutes ago, pjfz1 said:

Howdy!!

Sorry about your winters (unless you enjoy those).  We have alot of folks from up your way that come down our way to ride.

I've wanted to check out Mackinac island.

I only put up with three winters there before moving back down south, haha

Welcome and congrats! (pics???) Just curious, is it arctic air or too much snow that discourages ppl from living there?

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats! (pics???) Just curious, is it arctic air or too much snow that discourages ppl from living there?

In my case, the worst part about winter is the lack of sun or any color but gray for six months. The flatness of everything got to me, too. Nowhere fun to go for a drive, and the roads work hard to earn their reputation for dilapidation, so you'll rattle half your teeth out anywhere you go. There's a reason American cars and bikes are cushy and good at a straightline since that is well-suited to the midwest roads where they all come from. The job market is great though for engineering, and the housing costs are crazy low for the wages. 

59 minutes ago, cyow5 said:

In my case, the worst part about winter is the lack of sun or any color but gray for six months. The flatness of everything got to me, too. Nowhere fun to go for a drive, and the roads work hard to earn their reputation for dilapidation, so you'll rattle half your teeth out anywhere you go. There's a reason American cars and bikes are cushy and good at a straightline since that is well-suited to the midwest roads where they all come from. The job market is great though for engineering, and the housing costs are crazy low for the wages. 

Aaah, yes, those  grey skies, almost forgot about them, they do suck if too often and they are that in the winter. As kids that seemed easy to deal with, with all the piss & vinegar on tap. It seems to me, as an adult, you just about have to have a dirt bike, snowmobile or something fun in the snow to shake off the winter depression. something that doesn't require a lot of strength/endurance. I'm all too familiar with flat roads and I try my hardest to ignore that and focus on the scenery. I gotta either get up to Georgia or back to Austin with my bike and hit the hill country, at least once before either the bike or I croak, ha!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Gotta love Michigan( mainly the west side of the state, Detriot= blahhhh)... always fresh FAYGO available, plenty of fishing, hunting, plenty of gear heads building kick arse cars/trucks during winter, Euchre, apple trees galore and each of the 4season is legit... 

Winter time is project time out in da Barn or Garage...we need winter to give us a chance to build shyt or repair stuff we broke when it was nice out...I get my fun by drifting my little Isuzu when I can safely due to the super super hard packed snow...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived