The MT-07 Forum

XSR 700 Looking Better All The Time

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

When I first saw the XSR 700 I wasn't a fan of the look, but the more I looked at the XSR 700 the more I got to thinking it's not that bad looking except for that "coffee can" headlight.  Here's a couple of pics to compare: one with the stock headlight and one with a more aesthetically pleasing headlamp.  Now I'm beginning to think that the XSR 700 has retro style potential after all.  What say You?

Yamaha_XSR700.jpg.fff43ced9d99ba508b1bb5964218ad94.jpgxsr700-mod.jpg.9fff2798076f492177b07b4eb1bf7103.jpg

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Agreed, that's better! The original just sticks out too much, draws too much attention like a swollen zit would, ha! 

7b34be27364fa97410288259064e67b7.jpg

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
49 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Agreed, that's better! The original just sticks out too much, draws too much attention like a swollen zit would, ha! 

I like your swollen zit analogy better than my coffee can comparison--swollen zit headlight it is. ;D 

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

1 hour ago, bornagainbiker said:

Beemer, you may have finally gone over the top with your new avatar. ;D

I don't know and I don't think I want to.  Looks like somebody mixed liquor and photoshop.

I would prefer to see less framework under the seat. That needs the 07's cover plate - or an extension of the three-holed plate rearwards. And a black radiator. Like the alternative headlamp. 

Just do it! 

I actually prefer it over the FZ, but the $1500 price difference was a factor.  Given they are the same engine and love the look of both of them, I went with FZ to help fund the things I needed to get back into riding.  I see an "upgrade" to the XSR700 or 900 in the future.

While everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and some folks like chocolate ice cream while others like vanilla, I am having a very difficult time deciding if the XSR700 is just butt ugly or flat out fugly 😆

I personally liked the xsr better than the FZ when i was looking at online photos and never thought we'd get the xsr here in the states. So i went ahead and bought the FZ. Now that my local dealer has a silver one in stock and Ive seen it it person, I like it even better. There's still little things I would change because we're all picky lol. It looks much better in person than in photos. Also, and you guys may not believe me but its muffler is defferent not ours on the FZ. Its not just a cover. I heard it in person. Its got a much bassier idle and a nice little zing in higher revs. It actually sounds like a motorcycle. Im happy with my FZ, but i feel cheated over the muffler haha. It sounds so much better, im considering buying a stock xsr muffler instead of aftermarket for my FZ.

When I first saw the dark green version for the model introduction and noticed that they had used both the XS and the SR designation, my first thought was sacrilege! Every friggen line of the XSR700 collide with each other, and there are so many panels to cover up various bits that it more than anything reminds me of a build by Shinya Kimura. Which some like. I don't very much.

But again, with time I got to accept the XSR700 more. A lot more. And with a few mods it can become even better. Still miles from an XS650 or SR500, but the picture in the original post show what can be achieved just with a new headlamp, new fender and a dab of paint.

23 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

Beemer, you may have finally gone over the top with your new avatar. ;D

It's the tastiest looking twerking I've ever seen (actually, just a hilarious pic of her) so I thought I should be a sport and share my discovery with all the man-beasts out there. I get a leg and a thigh!

Beemer

I seriously thought about trading in my FZ for the XSR, but I've got too many changes on my bike that I don't want to rip out. They also would not match the XSR aesthetics

• 2 weeks later...

Archived