The MT-07 Forum

2 Year, 6 Month Review of Cyclops Headlight

Beemer

For anyone who's wondering whether to buy the Cyclops 3800 bulb or a different bulb I just dropped in to say it's been over two years now since I won my Cyclops, 3800 bulb and it's still going strong. I did a little test at night about a month ago to see what my low beam would look like if I were in a car and coming towards my bike and until then I didn't fully realize just how bright the light emitted from this bulb is and IMO, it's just right and not too bright. I'd walked about 70 ft. away from the bike and looked at it from where a cager would be and the low beam is plenty bright. In the past, I've only looked at things in front of me that were lit up by the bulb in the dark to get a measure of how well the light works. Until recently, I'd been cruising around with it on high beam (angled down below eye level) to increase my chances of being seen at night but I found that really isn't necessary, the low beam is plenty bright enough although while sitting on the bike it may seem questionable by how well everything is lit up in front of you, at least compared to the high beam. I found you can't go by that alone. I did a similar test, (standing in front of the bike a ways out) only in the day time but with the high beam on and the light really stands out. If someone doesn't notice it they are either blind, texting or they didn't take the time to really look. When this one burns out I will likely buy another one or apply mild pressure for another contest, 😉 (and thanks again for that contest, cruizin, I really appreciate the awesome light, it's never failed me.)

Beemer

• Premium Member

@Beemer I've got the Cyclops 7000 bulb. I'm quite happy with it also. You'll need to tell me what you thought of my bike's daytime brightness or if you even noticed it.

I can't comment on the brightness of yours since I was following you the whole ride. 🏍️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

6 minutes ago, DewMan said:

@Beemer I've got the Cyclops 7000 bulb. I'm quite happy with it also. You'll need to tell me what you thought of my bike's daytime brightness or if you even noticed it.

I can't comment on the brightness of yours since I was following you the whole ride. 🏍️

Hey there! I could see it just fine, even in my convex mirrors and especially since they're the 7000 model. About that model bulb, am I mistaken or are those bulbs meant for off-road since they're so bright? I thought I'd read on their site that they were for off-road. No matter, a person can do as they wish. Later!

Beemer

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Hey there! I could see it just fine, even in my convex mirrors and especially since they're the 7000 model. About that model bulb, am I mistaken or are those bulbs meant for off-road since they're so bright? I thought I'd read on their site that they were for off-road. No matter, a person can do as they wish. Later!

I've never been flashed by an oncoming vehicle. Cyclops' website description doesn't mention anything about off road only use. Even if it was off road only I would still continue to use it... until they start making a 10,000 lumen model :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, DewMan said:

I've never been flashed by an oncoming vehicle. Cyclops' website description doesn't mention anything about off road only use. Even if it was off road only I would still continue to use it... until they start making a 10,000 lumen model :D

Ha, you're correct! After reading it for the 2nd time (with more care) I read it right, "Add Rectifier for AC Powered Dirt Bikes, Quads and Snowmobiles?" I swear I'm dyslexic. 😞 Anyway, I have been flashed just a few times over my 3800' high beam but I highly suspect it's because they were one of the "special" few that look directly at the light cause it surely wasn't directly in their eyes. Heck, just yesterday, in the daytime, someone flashed me when I was running with my high beam on (always high beam in the daytime) so I must've hit the jack pot when I found them, they are rare and exceptionally ignant. I'll definitely get the 7000 model when this bulb bites it and drive a few ignorant's insane! 😈

Beemer

Archived