Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
r1limited

Whats With MT-07 FZ-07 Forum Change

r1limited

HEY WE WERE HERE FIRST FZ-07

Besides FZ comes before MT damn Euro pozers ;)

Edited by r1limited

robbo10

We MT "posers" were here while you were still dreaming of FZs. 👀 . I am reminded of the journalists who get into a hissy fit over the name of a bike ("TDM", "Intruder", "Rebel", to name but 3) and practically doom it to failure. It's just a name after all. 'MT' to eternity and beyond.... FZ'ers, you are still loved and valued.😍

• Like 2

norcal616

whenever my FZ-07 sees a MT-07 it says "I AM YOUR FATHER!!!" 😈😛

• Haha 1

robbo10

How can one be so certain of fatherhood? 😁   But anyway, we might agree that the grandmother (or maybe grandfather) of all of our bikes is the MT-01 of 2005. It's just a shame she (or he) was unknown to those outside Europe and Oz.

r1limited

FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ ;)

• Haha 1

robbo10

That's what I was on about as regards journalists! TDM - "Ah, Tedium", they expleted = consequential failure in the market. But it was not deserved and it is a great bike. I had one. It's no wonder manufacturers control, even micro-manage, every possible aspect of official launches.  I'll go with the original Master of Torque. 

r1limited
3 minutes ago, duenan said:

I'm going to keep mine in its original packaging and sell it on ebay in 3 years for big bucks.

Remember them FZ-07 Ravens are rare too

robbo10

You could say the bike known as FZ-07 has been deleted. Is no more. Finito. Sorry, guys 😯  But yes that might help their value.  Others may then be saying: 'Oh look, the new MT-07. A new bike. Looks great. It's a bit like the old FZ-07, isn't it?'. Some truth in that. 😊

• Like 1

gregjet

"FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ"

No true but you can make fz'er out of it...

As far as I know the 07 was released in Europe as MTbefore the FZ got to US. It was engineered and designed ( not styled) in Europe as far as I know, by , I think, Yamaha Italy.

At least you guys didn;t get the "MT07" as a gutted version , Then the real version came out as a "MT07HO" ( another unfortunate naming mistake). Count your blessings.

I thought the FZ name was a mistake when they did it, as the designation refers to a slightly different market segment.

bornagainbiker

It's a great bike no matter what we call it. :)

• Like 2

r1limited
2 hours ago, gregjet said:

"FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ"

No true but you can make fz'er out of it...

As far as I know the 07 was released in Europe as MTbefore the FZ got to US. It was engineered and designed ( not styled) in Europe as far as I know, by , I think, Yamaha Italy.

At least you guys didn;t get the "MT07" as a gutted version , Then the real version came out as a "MT07HO" ( another unfortunate naming mistake). Count your blessings.

I thought the FZ name was a mistake when they did it, as the designation refers to a slightly different market segment.

FZ'er Now that is far better than
Emty'r

😋

Edited by r1limited