The MT-07 Forum

Whats With MT-07 FZ-07 Forum Change

r1limited

HEY WE WERE HERE FIRST FZ-07

Besides FZ comes before MT damn Euro pozers ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

We MT "posers" were here while you were still dreaming of FZs. 👀 . I am reminded of the journalists who get into a hissy fit over the name of a bike ("TDM", "Intruder", "Rebel", to name but 3) and practically doom it to failure. It's just a name after all. 'MT' to eternity and beyond.... FZ'ers, you are still loved and valued.😍

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

whenever my FZ-07 sees a MT-07 it says "I AM YOUR FATHER!!!" 😈😛

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

How can one be so certain of fatherhood? 😁   But anyway, we might agree that the grandmother (or maybe grandfather) of all of our bikes is the MT-01 of 2005. It's just a shame she (or he) was unknown to those outside Europe and Oz.

Just do it! 

FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

That's what I was on about as regards journalists! TDM - "Ah, Tedium", they expleted = consequential failure in the market. But it was not deserved and it is a great bike. I had one. It's no wonder manufacturers control, even micro-manage, every possible aspect of official launches.  I'll go with the original Master of Torque. 

Just do it! 

1 hour ago, motomeek said:

I think you missed the memo. From 2018 on, MT's is the naming convention...

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/hyper-naked/models/2018/mt-07

SO hold on to your FZs cus they're the rare ones now!

I'm going to keep mine in its original packaging and sell it on ebay in 3 years for big bucks.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

3 minutes ago, duenan said:

I'm going to keep mine in its original packaging and sell it on ebay in 3 years for big bucks.

Remember them FZ-07 Ravens are rare too

You could say the bike known as FZ-07 has been deleted. Is no more. Finito. Sorry, guys 😯  But yes that might help their value.  Others may then be saying: 'Oh look, the new MT-07. A new bike. Looks great. It's a bit like the old FZ-07, isn't it?'. Some truth in that. 😊

Just do it! 

"FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ"

No true but you can make fz'er out of it...

As far as I know the 07 was released in Europe as MTbefore the FZ got to US. It was engineered and designed ( not styled) in Europe as far as I know, by , I think, Yamaha Italy.

At least you guys didn;t get the "MT07" as a gutted version , Then the real version came out as a "MT07HO" ( another unfortunate naming mistake). Count your blessings.

I thought the FZ name was a mistake when they did it, as the designation refers to a slightly different market segment.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

2 hours ago, gregjet said:

"FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ"

No true but you can make fz'er out of it...

As far as I know the 07 was released in Europe as MTbefore the FZ got to US. It was engineered and designed ( not styled) in Europe as far as I know, by , I think, Yamaha Italy.

At least you guys didn;t get the "MT07" as a gutted version , Then the real version came out as a "MT07HO" ( another unfortunate naming mistake). Count your blessings.

I thought the FZ name was a mistake when they did it, as the designation refers to a slightly different market segment.

FZ'er Now that is far better than
Emty'r

😋

2 hours ago, gregjet said:

Then the real version came out as a "MT07HO" ( another unfortunate naming mistake). Count your blessings.

I counted them.... I got a HO ;)

On 14/11/2017 at 12:33 PM, r1limited said:

FZ vs MT

MT Em T, Empty

Ya cant do that with FZ ;)

That was my thought.  In the Army the fuel guys marked empty fuel drums and such with a big "MT" - Mike Tango.  I was just a noobie private and had to ask what it meant, I didn't figure it out.  Then I thought they were screwing with me, but nope, it meant empty.

But, I don't care what it's called, I still love it.

" FZ'er Now that is far better than
Emty'r"

But at least that's an accurate description considering the peanut we have for a tank. Going North along the hiway I can make the next town, then I have to fill. MT seems fitting.

scordiaboy515

Let keep in mind, the MT or Masters of Torque has been in Yamaha's line up for years..2005 was the first year of the MT-01, of course it never came to the states...pretty cool bike imho....image.thumb.png.ea374fd10b08c08a30bbc294d8d4e5e4.png

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Well, technically the FZ series came first right?  The FZ1 dates back to 2001...

SigSide.jpg

The first FZ came in 1984 in the form of the FZ400N and FZ400R. Then, in 1985, we had the FZ750 along with the FZ250 added to the family. These were followed by the FZ600 in 1986. So yes, the FZ came first. And although I very much prefer the MT moniker because it is much easier to pronounce in Norwegian, having given it some thought I think the FZ moniker suits the 03/07/09/10 better than MT based upon their heritage. The MT-01 and original MT-03 are in many ways quite different to the FZ-series, with slow-revving engines with good low and mid-range power. Not that the current models are lacking, but they are - like the original FZs - more tailored toward sports.

Still glad it will be MT, though ;)

11 hours ago, scordiaboy515 said:

Let keep in mind, the MT or Masters of Torque has been in Yamaha's line up for years..2005 was the first year of the MT-01, of course it never came to the states...pretty cool bike imho....image.thumb.png.ea374fd10b08c08a30bbc294d8d4e5e4.png

Is that a rear mounted BAZOOKA?  Awesome blow dem tail gaters up,

It's a sonic cannon...Almost every 01 I knew had an aftermarket exhaust. I had forgotten what the original looked like.

1 hour ago, gregjet said:

It's a sonic cannon...Almost every 01 I knew had an aftermarket exhaust. I had forgotten what the original looked like.

It looks like that huge wart at then end of a nose your not trying to look at

😁

Archived