The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT-07

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

I sold my FZ-07 about a 1 1/2 years ago......one of my favorite bikes that I have owned.  I must say, I am very pleased with what Yamaha did to the new bike, so much so that I might have to buy one....

What did they do?

EDIT: Checked it out and those are nice upgrades. Would have saved me expensive seat and suspension upgrades.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bugeyes said:

What did they do?

EDIT: Checked it out and those are nice upgrades. Would have saved me expensive seat and suspension upgrades.

Even compared to the new factory "upgrades" I'm thinking your current aftermarket upgrades are still better by a wide margin. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

3 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Even compared to the new factory "upgrades" I'm thinking your current aftermarket upgrades are still better by a wide margin. 270c.png

Yes I would not want to give up my Ohlins suspension, comfort seat etc but would probably never bought them if the stock item were better

We have a saying over here: "you don't get owt for nowt" (i.e. you get what you pay for). Yamaha has often had barely adequate suspension, all in the name of 'price'. 

Just do it! 

scordiaboy515

I really like the styling upgrades, suspension tweaks for sure.  If I buy one I will definitely not go over the top like I did with my first one.....they really are great bikes stock, of course will do the exhaust and fc😎

IMO swapping 2018 stuff to lower 20xx's is just sswapping slight better crappy stuff onto already crappy stuff.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

AlbatrossCafe

Looks like displacement is up to 698cc from 689cc? I am a little disappointed in that. Not because it is not enough, but because it gives me way more of a reason to upgrade. 74 bHP sounds nice...

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, r1limited said:

IMO swapping 2018 stuff to lower 20xx's is just sswapping slight better crappy stuff onto already crappy stuff.

Nothing crappy on any of the bikes.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

Nothing crappy on any of the bikes.

Genericly the suspension is crap, if political correctness is what should had been done then lets say the suspension on the MTFZ07 is reciprocatively challanged

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Genericly the suspension is crap, if political correctness is what should had been done then lets say the suspension on the MTFZ07 is reciprocatively challanged

You earned a trophy. :)  I gladly upgraded the shock and fork internals to something better than the factory would ever offer on a naked bike.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I'm glad Yamaha made a bargain bike with flaws because instead of dreaming about owning a bike I was able to purchase one and ride it. My opinion about the 2018 FZ-07, I haven't ridden one to be able to form an opinion. Who here has? 

Beemer

Archived