The MT-07 Forum

Decided to sell

rhoust64

Unfortunately I have decided to sell my 2016 Armor Grey FZ-07. I am currently financing it, but I am going to pay off enough of the loan in order to sell it. From experience, is it better to try and sell it privately or have a dealership sell it on consignment? 

I bought a bike from a guy on Craigslist that still had a lien on it.  I went to the seller's bank with the seller (where he had the loan), gave the bank the money to pay off the lien,  and the bank put everything in the my name.  I didn't have a problem with it and it just took a little time.  The bank knows what has to be done, just tell them what is going on.  They've done it before.

Make it clear in your ad that there's still a lien and give the option of going with them to your bank to pay it off and transfer the paperwork.  There's no risk to the seller or the buyer that way (financially anyway).

If where ever the loan is is not convenient to physically go to you'll have to figure out another way.

• Global Moderator

If you sell it yourself you will probably get a better price, just be very careful of scammers.  There are a lot of different scams people will try so stay vigilant. 

Good points. I got the bike on one of those dealership finance cards, so I'm guessing meeting at the dealership would be the best place? 

1 hour ago, rhoust64 said:

Good points. I got the bike on one of those dealership finance cards, so I'm guessing meeting at the dealership would be the best place? 

I'd call them and check.  If they'e not the right place to go, they can probably tell you what you need to do or where to go.

Nothing as of right now. I’m trying to cut out unnecessary expenses to save up for moving out of state. Payments with insurance were around $300, so that’s a decent chunk of change 

Archived