The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust options

rweakley

Will do.  I don't know, it may be all in my head, but it does feel a bit sluggish now on the butt duno since the install.  Looking forward to getting this FTECU in.  I'll remove the snorkel as well.

So do I need to have both in or both out?  I have only done both out or one in.  I liked 1 or none, but I'd have to take the pipe off to do the second baffle to test that.  We'll see...I'm hoping to be able to work on the bike this weekend.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, r1limited said:

Ya just added the Yosh on my FZ this weekend.  Not sure what I want to do with e DB, neighbos have not complained yet as I had it running about an hour yesterday and today

Why take a chance?

carolers.jpg<<< Do you want this or ...

simpson vigilantes.jpg<<< this?

Install the db. Murky Christmas!

• Haha 1

Beemer

@Beemer Um cuz it sounds way awesomer.  My deciding factor is how it treats me on a 45 minute commute.  I've done a few trips with dB killer in, and you can still hear it just fine (and I ride with earplugs).  But the deep threaty rumble with it out is insane!  Just need to see if its gonna drive me nuts on a long drive.

That said, I think I wanna take off the muffler and install the pre muffler dB killer and see how it sounds with that one in and the tip one out.  I think it's nice having two to experiment with to get the best sound.

Edited by rweakley

43 minutes ago, rweakley said:

@Beemer Um cuz it sounds way awesomer.  My deciding factor is how it treats me on a 45 minute commute.  I've done a few trips with dB killer in, and you can still hear it just fine (and I ride with earplugs).  But the deep threaty rumble with it out is insane!  Just need to see if its gonna drive me nuts on a long drive.

That said, I think I wanna take off the muffler and install the pre muffler dB killer and see how it sounds with that one in and the tip one out.  I think it's nice having two to experiment with to get the best sound.

I was gpoing to drill holes in my header to get that Woo Woo Sound thats awesomer

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

21 hours ago, rweakley said:

I was responding to r1limited' video, it sounded very loud. I agree an R77 Yosh pipe sounds good being all deep and throaty and maybe he should use both db's if the thought of it bothering neighbors bothers him, that's all I was saying. I hope you're happy with your pipe.

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 5:53 AM, Beemer said:

I was responding to r1limited' video, it sounded very loud. I agree an R77 Yosh pipe sounds good being all deep and throaty and maybe he should use both db's if the thought of it bothering neighbors bothers him, that's all I was saying. I hope you're happy with your pipe.

Does the yosh have 2 db killers too?  I took the can off and installed the pre-muffler killer, and left the other out.  It didn’t really do all that much for sound deadening.  Which is fine because it sounds great without the tip db killer in, but I can throw it in if I’m feeling passive aggressive.  I have it in right now and remapped for the Akrapovic.  I’m having a hard time noticing if it is doing anything, but it has started getting way more popping on decel ever since the first flash (R77 with no db killer).  Still doing with both killers in and Akra fuel map.  Plus the injector cut on decel disable is hard to assess as well.  Still seems to do a whole lot of engine braking.

This is my first bike, so I’m relatively new to all this.

8 hours ago, rweakley said:

Does the yosh have 2 db killers too?  I took the can off and installed the pre-muffler killer, and left the other out.  It didn’t really do all that much for sound deadening.  Which is fine because it sounds great without the tip db killer in, but I can throw it in if I’m feeling passive aggressive.  I have it in right now and remapped for the Akrapovic.  I’m having a hard time noticing if it is doing anything, but it has started getting way more popping on decel ever since the first flash (R77 with no db killer).  Still doing with both killers in and Akra fuel map.  Plus the injector cut on decel disable is hard to assess as well.  Still seems to do a whole lot of engine braking.

This is my first bike, so I’m relatively new to all this.

It appears you're aware of it having 2 db killers so I'm a little confused as to what it is you want to know. I think you should talk to the people that gave you the fuel map. Sorry, I can't help.

Beemer

From here http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2016/587331/IPOL_STU(2016)587331_EN.pdf

CARB has always been more strict than the Fed EPA. But as you can see, some of the EU4 regs are actually stricter than the 49 state regs.

My father would walk home and change his no-longer-white shirt at lunchtime when he was kid. No one needs smog/smokey air

Screen shot 2018-01-05 at 3.19.30 PM.png

17 hours ago, rick said:

From here http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2016/587331/IPOL_STU(2016)587331_EN.pdf

CARB has always been more strict than the Fed EPA. But as you can see, some of the EU4 regs are actually stricter than the 49 state regs.

My father would walk home and change his no-longer-white shirt at lunchtime when he was kid. No one needs smog/smokey air

Screen shot 2018-01-05 at 3.19.30 PM.png

Not saying no one has done anything to make the air a little cleaner but you should see the electric companies black soot that collects on my back porch. Everything has to be power washed at least once a year to get it off.

• Like 1

Beemer

40 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Not saying no one has done anything to make the air a little cleaner but you should see the electric companies black soot that collects on my back porch. Everything has to be power washed at least once a year to get it off.

clean, clean coal. 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:30 AM, Beemer said:

It appears you're aware of it having 2 db killers so I'm a little confused as to what it is you want to know. I think you should talk to the people that gave you the fuel map. Sorry, I can't help.

I have the Mivv exhaust with 2 db killers. Someone made a comment alluding to the Yosh having 2...So I was asking about the Yosh, but talking about my own Mivv.  I got the maps off the power commander website.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2017 at 5:09 PM, norcal616 said:

EU bikes don't really need a tune for an aftermarket exhaust

US specs bikes will need one...yes Yamaha sells the akra Ti but you will notice it only gets sold via EU bikes...

US oem spec bikes run like shyt compared to EU oem bikes... gotta love the cancer known as EPA

Many many of these EU brand exhaust, MIVV, Black Widow, Leo Vince to name a few are built off the EU spec fueling, yes they say you may not need tuning but you will see more performance with a tune ( this a statement to convince you to buy it but also covering thy ass by saying you will see improved performance with a tune if potentially it ends up on a US bike) ...

The Truth is just the opposite the new  European  Emissions standards  are like CA  CARB Standards.. the  new  Sport bikes like Yamaha R-6 and R-1  are down a few HP  from older models with less strict  emissions standards..
  Stock they all run too lean ..
   Also this fancy talk about a tune ???  All  you have to do is increase the fuel say 5% richer and they will run way stronger..
    As far as engine braking goes..  The fuel is shut off during deceleration thus   you have strong engine braking and  no backfires.. 
   FZ-07  does not have a slipper clutch and  hard  deceleration could upset the  bike on a race track entering a corner..  most  guys like it to be able to free wheel better..
  In a Snowmobile I live the engine braking to set up a slide in the corner on my Yamaha Apex sled uses an R-1  engine the new  3 Cylinder Yamaha  has an air valve that opens and lets  raw air into the intake to help it to free wheel like a two stroke