Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
rweakley

Exhaust options

stickshift
7 hours ago, norcal616 said:

EU bikes don't gotta deal with EPA rules, in the many years I been on this forum, I can't even remember a EU member saying the engine braking is obnoxious compared to the US members who almost always say something about the engine braking... as for information  it's stuff I picked up over the years reading ppl Comments, very very few ppl got the chance to ride a FZ-07 then go ride a MT-07...

EU and all other market MT's inject no fuel on engine decel, same as US bikes.

The engine braking on my Aussie model is massive, you soon learn to use the characteristics to advantage.

• Like 2

stickshift
4 hours ago, rweakley said:

So, if you go to the power commander website, they have a few maps (like 13) available for download.  If I were to download one of those, would that give me a good solution?  I don't know if I'd want to go messing around with it, trying to tweak it, as I might goof it up.

Yes, there will be a suitable map. You don't need a map specific to the brand of your chosen exhaust, you need a fuel (& ignition) map suited to the flow characteristics. 

Those13 maps cover pretty much any exhaust flow characteristics, it's only when you start modifying the intake and other engine parts that you'd have to get a custom tune.

I run a pcv, installed the map for my exhaust (Akra ti baffle in) and it ran perfect. Removed the intake snorkel, downloaded suitable map and it ran perfect. Technically you can run this exhaust (safely) without a remap, however there was a noticeable performance increase associated with using each of these maps.

I'd be happy to give you advice on pcv maps when you decide on your exhaust.

• Like 1

crsnhppr
On 11/12/2017 at 12:03 PM, rweakley said:

Crsnhppr, assuming you have the MIVV, is the "no controlled required" based on baffle in?  And if so, how much louder is it than OEM?  It's hard to tell on the YOuTube vids, but doesn't seem like much of an improvement over stock (sound wise...although its way prettier than the fugly OEM can) until you take the baffle/dB killer out.

Yeah baffle in requires no fuel controller. It is much louder than stock because the stock is dead quiet and this you can hear it but it’s definitly not obnoxiously loud or droning or harsh at all. Very tame sounding and provides gains even on stock fueling.  Baffle our it’s best to use some sort of fueling 2wdw has a flash for the MIVV , I just run an EJK because it’s a little cheaper and puts you “back in the green” and restores and increases low end torque and high end power creating more power than baffle in/no fueling changes. It is loud as balls and throaty and mean sounding baffle out and sounds super. So get one already exhaust + tune or exhaust+ ejk. Either way you’ll be like, “that was a good idea”

phyciocc

For what is worth:  I have  a Mivv Oval carbon with the baffle in and a EJK.

Bought the exhaust direct from Italy and saved a few bucs.

Saved a ton of weight, too.

My dyno-butt- meter tells me that the bike pulls like tractor in ANY gear, and there are no “holes” anywhere, better than stock.

And it does sound like a motorcycle, not a sewing machine...

Not overly loud, but if you get on it, you can hear her.

The baffle is removable, if you really want loud.

Marco

• Like 1

rweakley
On 11/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, stickshift said:

I'd be happy to give you advice on pcv maps when you decide on your exhaust.

I will take you up on that for sure!  I am looking into getting an FTECU instead because you can load it with PCV maps.  So it seems like it offers the best of both worlds.  Although I have no actual experience in these things.

Well I've narrowed down to the M4 and Mivv, unless the dude at sportbiketrackgear can give me a mil discount to bring the Yoshi down to a comparable price.  I'm torn between the two (Mivv/M4).  I wish I knew some peeps nearby with these.  I know the M4 is one of the loudest we can get and sounds good but may be too loud for some.  But I've read posts that say the Mivv is NOT loud.  I want loud, just not obnoxiously so.  Crsnhppr & phyciocc definitely made me lean a bit more toward Mivv.  Thanks fellas!

Edited by rweakley

stickshift

I have the akra ti with baffle in, one of the quietest aftermarket options (I can't stand obnoxiously loud exhausts) and damn does it sound sweet!

I don't think youll be disappointed with either of your options.

Which Mivv system are you considering?

rweakley
12 hours ago, stickshift said:

I have the akra ti with baffle in, one of the quietest aftermarket options (I can't stand obnoxiously loud exhausts) and damn does it sound sweet!

I don't think youll be disappointed with either of your options.

Which Mivv system are you considering?

Looking at the speed edge.  The normal one, not the one with the under belly muffler with a long pipe.  Its a shorter can than the oval or gp from what I can tell, which I also like.

• Like 1