The MT-07 Forum

Rear brake for wobble

phanomenal07

No

What you describe as wobble: suspension is a predominate cause fo this or a maligned chassis.  Your rear tire can be out of alignment etc including suspension is setup incorrectly for your weight and the speed you are going.  The FZ in stock form at least for me a 195 lbs is twitching as hell at high speed.  SLOWLY APPLY EVENLY AND "LIGHTLY" AND NOT CHOPPING OFF THE THROTTLE will settle the chassi

When you apply rear you are in effect unloading the front and this can cause the wobble to worsen

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

What he said.

The 07 has very short trail as pattonme pointed out quite a while ago. Because of the rear weight bias ( my theory) it doesn't seem to be a problem...MOST of the time. It gets a lot more noticeable at very high speeds ( steering pendulum effect), in a straight line or in a long very fast corner where you lose feel.

Oh I forgot. I had to change the rear wheel bearings very early on. Extrememly low quality chinese things and one was already grungy. I change the lot...both wheels. If a front or rear bearing is failing that will give you a wobble. Same with head bearings but reasonbaly rare.

ANd if the bike has enough mileage my be the original front bush wear problem. That would do it as well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

1 hour ago, phanomenal07 said:

Oh I thought hitting the rear brake would put more weight on the front wheel

Nope, a properly suspended system you wil luse both to load and unload at specific times.  Hitting the rear if you think of the intertia of a rolling or spinning wheel will cause the opposite.  This is seen with Moto crossers that want to lift the front or level a bike out by using brakes in mid air.  Pendulim effect

Doug Dumokus the fraudlent wheely king uses a electric motr to spin up and spin down the front wheel, this would cause th balance of the bike to change at any given time, Slamming on or tapping the rear will unload the front load the rear and then ots HOLD DA FOOK ON

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

11 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Then why does tapping the rear bring the wheel down when you don’t want to wheelie. I’m confused

Think about that for a minute.  Think about the single wheel, which is handling now the weight and intertia of a pendulum effect whil wheeling?

The physic dynamics of the bike has changed

If you have a drive way that the bike can coast down or better if you can safely with engine off coast down a pretty nice grade, apply pressure to the rear brake and feel what the chassi is doing.....

• Premium Member
On 11/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, r1limited said:

Nope, a properly suspended system you wil luse both to load and unload at specific times.  Hitting the rear if you think of the intertia of a rolling or spinning wheel will cause the opposite.  This is seen with Moto crossers that want to lift the front or level a bike out by using brakes in mid air.  Pendulim effect

Doug Dumokus the fraudlent wheely king uses a electric motr to spin up and spin down the front wheel, this would cause th balance of the bike to change at any given time, Slamming on or tapping the rear will unload the front load the rear and then ots HOLD DA FOOK ON

Using the rear brakes in the air will drop the front.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, blackout said:

Using the rear brakes in the air will drop the front.

Correct key word AIR, again the physic dynamics are entirely different. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Correct key word AIR, again the physic dynamics are entirely different. 

O.K., wanted to be clear on that, your quote made it sound the opposite.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Thanks for the clarification and check.

Archived