The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha OEM Heated Grips Review

AlbatrossCafe

Bigturbomax

Status update on my OEM heated grips. They had been getting less and less hot for the last couple months and last week got to where theyd only run for 10 minutes at a time then shut themselves off. So theyre dead to me. Fortuneately the cold mornings are over around here till next fall.  I took em off and installed some cheap knock off R6 style grips for now till i come up with a better solution. So for the record, mine were installed for 7,500 miles and lasted 2 winters. 

That's a bummer because those were super clean looking. I've been really happy with my Oxfords. Maybe you can get lucky and win some of Cruizin's Revzilla money and knab you a fresh pair ;)

Hard to believe they failed, though. I wonder if those are the same grips Yamaha installs on bikes originally equipped with heated grips? Just wouldn't imagine Yamaha having an issue on something this basic.

Edited by shinyribs
  • Sad 1

• Global Moderator

So far mine are working great.  I will keep my fingers crossed. 

I purchased these recently and I give them a thumbs up 👍   They look OEM but isn't 100% stealth.

I was worried because a few people commented on them being under powered, what I did find is that you need to set the grips to 600+ CC mode which turns up the heat a lot. Read the instructions or watch this video. Now I think the lowest setting is useless, mid setting is mild to hot and full tilt they are ready for a snowstorm. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
phanomenal07

Been using them alot lately. They really shine when it's mid 50 out and you wanna wear your summer gloves