Sign in to follow this  
r1limited

Giacamo Down Under Phillip Island

r1limited

They guy hs class and is still the man.  King Kenny maybe, but Giacamo is The MAN

MOTORCYCLE racing legend Giacomo Agostini will attend the International Island Classic at Phillip Island in January.  In a coup for the event, the 15-time world champion also will bring four championship-winning MV Agustas from the 1960s and 70s.  The bikes, held in a private collection in Milan, are the three-cylinder 500, on which he won the title on from 1966-72; the four-cylinder 350 on which he reigned supreme in 1972-73; and two other 500cc machines from the same era.  Motocycle racing legend Giacomo Agostini on a MV Agusta race replica.  Agostini, 75, will ride the 350cc MV Agusta on the parade lap at the island.  It will be his third visit to the circuit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-sport/superbikes/moto-legend-giacomo-agostini-to-attend-classic-event-at-phillip-island/news-story/654d603a4fb33a63ca39c14f6f2824b1

Giacamo.jpg

Edited by r1limited
  • Like 4

Beemer

Cool, let's hope he doesn't decide to take a nap while riding. 😄 I know, I'm terrible but someone has to carry the sarcasm torch or else we lose it forever. 

• Like 1

r1limited

HEY YO ARE POLLUTIN MY POSTS, I COME HERE FOR NO-LEDGE

Damn spammers😨

Beemer
2 minutes ago, r1limited said:

HEY YO ARE POLLUTIN MY POSTS, I COME HERE FOR NO-LEDGE

Damn spammers😨

I thought that you, of all people, would appreciate the sarcasm. I feel so all alone now. 😳

• Haha 1

r1limited

Welcome to my world "They Dont Get Us" Beemer They Just Dont Get us

Beemer
20 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Welcome to my world "They Dont Get Us" Beemer They Just Dont Get us

I'm just bored, no one to talk to much, that's my excuse for stirring things up. Any reply is better than none at all.

• Like 1

r1limited
2 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I'm just bored, no one to talk to much, that's my excuse for stirring things up. Any reply is better than none at all.

Its a gift man, we are cursed :)

faffi

No doubt Ago is one of the of the all time greats. Unfortunately, it is difficult to judge just how supreme he was since most of his career, he had a factory multi and went up primarily against privateers riding singles and twins. Marquez & Co have a massively greater task in order to excel. Still, he managed to take a title on a two-stroke 500 near the very end of his career, so there is little doubt that Ago had what's required.

Be that as it may, I think it is very cool that he is still active and that he's even bringing his old bikes - mucho cudos 👍

You can skip the first three and a half minutes

r1limited
8 hours ago, rider said:

Can't you just talk to the voices?

Tried that once, I got beat down

• Haha 1

gregjet

Huh luxury...Voices!... I only get rap voices and I hate rap...

Actually I was more of a Hailwood man myself.

• Haha 1