The MT-07 Forum

Anyone selling an exhaust heat shield?

Codexon

Hello all, I'm new to the forums but have had my FZ-07 for over a year now. The previous owner drilled holes in the exhaust and didn't have the stock heat shield anymore. I like the sound because it has a low growl and is not too loud, but it doesn't look great without a cover. Do any of you have your stock heat shield if you've switched to an aftermarket exhaust that you'd be willing to sell? I can't find anything online except one over 100 dollars which is much more than I'm looking to spend. 

WTF would anyone do that?

Welcome to the Forum, I am sure someone would have a spare or ebay may be a good source

You may want to post this as well here

https://fz07.org/forum/41/fz-07-parts-for-sale/

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Many people have actually drilled their exhausts to get better sound, sure aftermarket exhausts look better but its cheap and in my opinion a great sound that's not too loud. I've looked online and couldn't find any so I figured this might be my best bet.

14 hours ago, Codexon said:

Many people have actually drilled their exhausts to get better sound, sure aftermarket exhausts look better but its cheap and in my opinion a great sound that's not too loud. I've looked online and couldn't find any so I figured this might be my best bet.

Well again WTH would anyone do this?  I have seen a lot of race equipment never before did I see a top not Mech-A-Neck says
Hey drill holes in yer exhaust it makes it faster.  Sorry, I am surprised no one has one laying around as themany members here swapping exhausts.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Well again WTH would anyone do this?  I have seen a lot of race equipment never before did I see a top not Mech-A-Neck says
Hey drill holes in yer exhaust it makes it faster.  Sorry, I am surprised no one has one laying around as themany members here swapping exhausts.

They do it so the bike sounds louder.  A free mod for those on a budget and hate the stock quiet exhaust.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Pretty sure I still have mine.  I'll check this weekend.  $30 shipped if I find it in good condition.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

23 minutes ago, blackout said:

They do it so the bike sounds louder.  A free mod for those on a budget and hate the stock quiet exhaust.

Thast not a mod thats pozery

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, r1limited said:

It doesn't matter what you call it, if the bike is louder, mission accomplished.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Ya Loud pipes saves lives right. Pozerism at its best

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Ya Loud pipes saves lives right. Pozerism at its best

Sounds like a housing development outside of Cairo.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

8 hours ago, r1limited said:

Yes drilling holes in the exhaust is mainly for sound, but many who have previously done it reported the bike running cooler as well with no negative downsides. Personally I don't think I could get a better sound out of the bike than the way it is now. It has good tone but is not so loud that I'd feel like a dick for getting on the throttle. I have had experiences with aftermarket exhausts on my previous bikes that are way too loud making you have to short shift your bike or keep the rpms super low to not blow peoples ear drums out. Sound differs quite a bit depending on the size of holes and how many holes you drill etc, but right now it's the perfect sound and sound level for me. I have gotten several compliments and questions about what exhaust I have and when I tell them its just a modified stock exhaust they are astounded. As far as performance, I don't believe it has reduced performance at all, if any it improved. I had it dyno'd a couple months ago and was mid 70's for horsepower. Sure, stock exhaust isn't pretty by any means but I don't want to spend 400+ on something for cosmetics and something way too loud for my tastes. Aftermarket exhausts don't do a whole lot for performance in the first place anyway. Now I just want to make the stock exhaust look a little cleaner.

7 hours ago, blackout said:

Pretty sure I still have mine.  I'll check this weekend.  $30 shipped if I find it in good condition.

Let me know if you find it

• Premium Member
On 11/10/2017 at 4:49 PM, Codexon said:

Yes drilling holes in the exhaust is mainly for sound, but many who have previously done it reported the bike running cooler as well with no negative downsides. Personally I don't think I could get a better sound out of the bike than the way it is now. It has good tone but is not so loud that I'd feel like a dick for getting on the throttle. I have had experiences with aftermarket exhausts on my previous bikes that are way too loud making you have to short shift your bike or keep the rpms super low to not blow peoples ear drums out. Sound differs quite a bit depending on the size of holes and how many holes you drill etc, but right now it's the perfect sound and sound level for me. I have gotten several compliments and questions about what exhaust I have and when I tell them its just a modified stock exhaust they are astounded. As far as performance, I don't believe it has reduced performance at all, if any it improved. I had it dyno'd a couple months ago and was mid 70's for horsepower. Sure, stock exhaust isn't pretty by any means but I don't want to spend 400+ on something for cosmetics and something way too loud for my tastes. Aftermarket exhausts don't do a whole lot for performance in the first place anyway. Now I just want to make the stock exhaust look a little cleaner.

Let me know if you find it

Found it.  30 dollars shipped with factory screws.  Still need it?

1112171922-1.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

On 10/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, r1limited said:

So, should I take the cards out of my spokes?

50 minutes ago, rider said:

So, should I take the cards out of my spokes?

Depends, are the cards on both sides or one?  makes a big difference in sound 😄

Before beef ribs does this I will flip myself off LOL

18 hours ago, r1limited said:

Depends, are the cards on both sides or one?  makes a big difference in sound 1f604.png

Before beef ribs does this I will flip myself off LOL

Just one side.  Didn't want to be obnoxious.  I put em on the front.  I can hear it better there and there's too much stuff in the way on the back.  

Archived