The MT-07 Forum

Buzzy engine after 4000 rpms

MThree

Is a buzzy engine after about 4000 rpms a characteristic of the FZ07? This would be a very high frequency buzz that numbs my butt!  I have about 550 miles on my new FZ and will be taking it in to the dealership for the first check and will mention it to them...throttle body out of sync maybe? I did a lot of research before purchasing a new FZ and I never read anything about the engine being buzzy.

Anthony

"Send lawyers, guns, and money."  W. Zevon

First the seat sucks, second buzzing, its a twin with a Crossplane crank making it feel like a vtwin, so yes its normal

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

you can swap out the OEM front sprocket for a aftermarket one w/o the rubber noise damping thingy... I find that helped reduced the clunky odd bass feeling to a nice soft buzzing feeling... you can see that the chain rides kinda funky on the OEM front sprocket, the front of the chain link really digs into the rubber and the rear part barely digs into the rubber in a repeating pattern... 

20170904_054304.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I would also ask the shop to slacken and re-torque all engine mounting bolts - it is not unusual for these bikes to come with both over- and under-torqued bolts. This can affect how vibrations are transferred to the bike. 

Personally, I have not felt any buzzing in the seat at normal revs, and I consider myself über-sensitive. 

Thanks faffi.  I hope that it's the engine mounting bolts.  That high frequency vibration is driving me crazy.  I had heard nothing online about vibrations on the FZ, I did read about them on the Kawi z650.  I went ahead and ordered a Seat Concepts kit.  That I hope will also help with long rides.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money."  W. Zevon

Archived