The MT-07 Forum

Custom Scout 1200 by Indian Awesome

r1limited

I really, Really love this - spent some time yesterday looking at it..

Ducati unveiled the Scrambler 1100 at Eicma yesterday.. and Indian just unveiled what the Xr1200 should have been, the Scrambler could have been, and what I'd like to see.. prototype? yeah, sure.. you can buy the FTR750 right now if you've got the checkbook, and I'd bet this will come... now to find out what I can get for a kidney....

30 minutes ago, pjfz1 said:

I really, Really love this - spent some time yesterday looking at it..

Ducati unveiled the Scrambler 1100 at Eicma yesterday.. and Indian just unveiled what the Xr1200 should have been, the Scrambler could have been, and what I'd like to see.. prototype? yeah, sure.. you can buy the FTR750 right now if you've got the checkbook, and I'd bet this will come... now to find out what I can get for a kidney....

Agree, tried to talk my son in buying the FTR750 when we first read it, Need to get my AMA cards renewed :)

ducati-1100-scrambler-5.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

22 minutes ago, pjfz1 said:

I'm surprised there aren't more replies to this... Is nobody noticing?  I'd say it's the biggest Eicma news this year..

Consider this, the source ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I'm with you, I think this is the bike all us older guys wanted Harley to build back in the '70's -'80's &'90's based on the XR750 dirt tracker so what did they offer? First an XR1000, a sportster with Branch dual carb heads and the high level exhausts (had one) and much later the XR1200...please, boy did they miss the boat. Indian has taken a bold step with this prototype and I'd really like to see it in person...I hope it becomes a reality and not to far off from the current concept bike. I'm not sure I'm in the market for a bike in this (assumed) price range but an American made big 'V twin" street tracker might be that 'Last new bike I'll ever buy" kind of thing at my age and retired status. I'm kind of in awe of Tom White who recently passed away, stage 4 cancer and true to his passion, he goes out and buys one of the first Indian FTR750's offered to the public as a last fling kind of thing. Google Tom White, FTR750 etc. on YouTube and watch him take delivery of his Indian and ride it around...big, big smile on his face. Makes one think...FTR1200 looks pretty good...wish it was a little lighter but hey, that Scout engines pretty beefy.

Archived