The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Canada website. The FZ line is no more

skyway6

Just had a look at the Yamaha Canada website. Yamaha is no longer selling the FZ line of bikes.

Well no, not really. But they have dropped the name and brought them in line with the rest of the world as the MT 07-09-10

Price has gone up on the 07. looks like new adjustable forks. New seat. New plastics. Hard to tell for sure from the pictures but looks like the

built in tank pad is gone.

also gone is the choice of ABS or no. Only ABS now.

2017 Yamaha FZ-07
2014 Yamaha BWS125

Not that impressed.  Good upgrades yes, but not that impressed.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Anyone that complained about the bike not having ABS or this or that has no room to complain about the higher price. Now say good-bye to the great bargain bike. 😒

Beemer

It all sucks, everything sucks, people suck, trees suck, the wind sucks (er well Blows really) damn them all to hell, they blew it up, they finally did it DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL

FZ-apes.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Anyone that complained about the bike not having ABS or this or that has no room to complain about the higher price. Now say good-bye to the great bargain bike. 1f612.png

ABS was only a $300 option so I don't assume it will be the cause of any major price increase. But that new plastic and suspension upgrades..... I wonder how much that will cost us?

EDIT: I checked the US website.  "stating at $7,599" I would still consider it a bargain.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

29 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

All things considered, I'm glad that I bought my 2016 FZ new off the showroom floor for $1,300.00 less than the 2018 model.

Ya, stinkin 18

20 hours ago, DewMan said:

ABS was only a $300 option so I don't assume it will be the cause of any major price increase. But that new plastic and suspension upgrades..... I wonder how much that will cost us?

EDIT: I checked the US website.  "stating at $7,599" I would still consider it a bargain.

I agree, it's a good price for everything you're getting but if they keep adding to it it will become just another high priced bike like the rest and it won't attract as much attention. That's how I view it.

Beemer

21 hours ago, r1limited said:

It all sucks, everything sucks, people suck, trees suck, the wind sucks (er well Blows really) damn them all to hell, they blew it up, they finally did it DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL

FZ-apes.jpg

Or ...

the proposition.jpg

Beemer

Archived