The MT-07 Forum

Changing fork tubes

mjdavis1994

So my FZ is almost road ready. When I swapped rims 3 of my rotor bolts stripped and had to be ground off so ordering that tomorrow but I couldn't get the wheels to align for the life of me. I took the front forks off to move the bike from TN to Texas and low and behold one fork was slightly bent (barely) the other was very much and clearly bent. I'm ordering the bolts for the rotor, new fork seals, and both tubes (just in case). So, to my question..

whos replaced their fork tubes before? Anything to look out for? Any suggestions? 

I dont want want to mess anything up and have to wait on more parts. Never done forks before. I had my bike down to literally the frame just days ago and have just about every tool I can think off along with the mechanical experience. Just looking for tips/tricks. Many thanks! Will make a post with all the upgrades after the forks are replaced. 

• Premium Member

Search the forum for any bushing replacement how to thread or any front suspension upgrade thread that did a bushing replacement.. that is what will be entailed to replace the forks as well. the amount of tear own will be the same. Best of luck to you.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Are you going for the inner tubes? part code 1WS-23110-00?

How much did they quote you for these? I'm in the same situation as you and I am thinking of straightening them instead of replacing them.

Maybe the under bracket (1WS-23340-00) is bent as well?

Turn them upside down and swap left to right 👉👈

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

11 hours ago, DewMan said:

Search the forum for any bushing replacement how to thread or any front suspension upgrade thread that did a bushing replacement.. that is what will be entailed to replace the forks as well. the amount of tear own will be the same. Best of luck to you.

Much thanks found what I was looking for with that search. 

We dont fork around here

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived