The MT-07 Forum

2018 rear shock on older FZ??!

peteinpa

Bigturbomax
On 1/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, peteinpa said:

I plan to upgrade the rear shock this upcoming riding season. Still waiting for the 2018 MT-07 parts fiches to come online. If it's like $250 for the 2018 rear shock I'll do it. If it's close to aftermarket $$$ I'll go that route.

From various sources the shock is anywhere from 5% to 11% stiffer both in spring and damping with adjustable rebound damping for 2018.

Still have time, long winter to go yet.

ive been keeping an eye on the parts book online. the 2018 shock with adjustable rebound is now listed. $255 on yamahapartshouse.com . i think im gonna do it at the end of the summer. stil gotta recover from the yoshimura purchase. thought id let everyone else no its available now.

godoy.rafa
1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

ive been keeping an eye on the parts book online. the 2018 shock with adjustable rebound is now listed. $255 on yamahapartshouse.com . i think im gonna do it at the end of the summer. stil gotta recover from the yoshimura purchase. thought id let everyone else no its available now.

Damn, had my old '16 shock serviced this week, for around USD160 here in Brazil... Should have waited a little longer to buy this one!

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

For that kind of  money I'd rather save up a little more and get an after market shock that can be personalized for your weight & load out. And as long as you're getting a quality brand shock, it will most likely work much better than either Yamaha shock.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I think most people will find they have spent $225 for a marginal upgrade and end up buying a decent shock anyway.  It does not seem like the best way to go to me. 

• Premium Member
norcal616

Not even worth it- I see that most ppl are excited about the extra rebound control... $1000 is best all around price for a suspension setup... yea you can go cheap only to find out its not any better or you can go expensive and have so many adjustments you can't even tune it because it's meet for smooth glass surfaces...

That $1000 is approx an Akra-Ti exhaust that everyone seems to buy as the 1st mod for the bike...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived