The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from North Carolina!

Boe

Hey Y'all!

I go by Boe, I'm 30 years old and live near the RTP area of NC.

I picked up my 2016 FZ-07 four weeks ago and have been having a blast! Since then I've been able to put just under 1k miles on it as I've been somewhat limited to decent weather on weekends only.

It's my first bike and I don't think I could have made a better choice.The FZ-07 was highly recommended to me by relatives who ride a FZ-09 and R1. They may have been biased but I think I'm ok with that.

I had been looking for a bike for quite some time and saw this beauty on Craigslist, called the gentleman up and asked if I could come see it the following morning. The next day I drove just over 3 hours to Virginia to see the bike, it was immaculate and had just under 900 miles on it. I drooled over it for about 10 minutes while talking to the owner and he asked if I'd like to ride it down the street... I only rode around for a couple minutes but when I pulled back in I knew I couldn't leave with out it. So we struck a deal, loaded it up, and I drove 3 hours back with a smile on my face the whole way home.

2.thumb.jpeg.c4d7c966b03bfff164863252ece5b974.jpeg

I have been having so much fun since I got it, taking back roads through some twisty areas and long stretches through farm lands. I plan on riding through the winter but I can't wait for warmer weather to come around.

3.thumb.jpg.2863ee47a6abccbfeadebf5ad79dce7d.jpg

Feels great to be on two wheels!

(sorry for the low quality pictures but I wanted to share!)

That's my favorite color by far and wish I would have found it when I was looking (I picked up a red 2017 on Saturday though).  Congrats on the gorgeous bike!

1 hour ago, darinja said:

That's my favorite color by far and wish I would have found it when I was looking (I picked up a red 2017 on Saturday though).  Congrats on the gorgeous bike!

Hey thanks! I think red might be the fastest color and it looks great as well.

Welcome and congrats on your awesome, new FZ-07! I'm jealous, you get to ride on those roads. Are you close to the coast? That would make it even better. 

Beemer

Welcome, great pic reminds me of the PNW we to o have real weather changes here too :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, wow, I am originally from near-ish Raleigh (Aberdeen), so this is the third "welcome" thread this week from where I've lived, haha. I, too, am 29, and this is my first bike. I've pulled collision insurance for the winter, but it is pretty much living up to my expectations. The wind at ~80mph was a bit unexpected due to the lack of fairings, but I am adjusting. Otherwise, I love nimble stuff like this bike. 

I was in western NC last fall.  I think NC would be an absolutely amazing place to have a bike.  The problem I had on 4 wheels is that I seemed to be stopping all the time to take pictures.  It took forever to get anywhere because of that.  Enjoy.

Archived