The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha new model announcement in coming today!

Cruizin

2 hours ago, faffi said:

.....something hidden by the pillars and not moving my head enough to spot what's behind.

Car manufacturers are not doing enough to minimise the thickness of pillars as seen by drivers, i.e. on that radius of eye line. I assume it is because there is such weakness in the structure elsewhere; and crash protection requirements (How contrary is that!?). 

Recently, I gave a surprise to a rider (and me) who was hidden behind the pillar plus a parked car. And I was leaning forward trying to see. This situation is not good at all.

(Sorry we seem to have two threads in one here!)

Just do it! 

11 minutes ago, mcbrien said:

So now I have the last year of the FZ07....Cool.

IN 100 years that will be worth like ba zillions to the collector

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

9 hours ago, gregjet said:

A flat black bike with tiny front turn signals. Expect dead people. One of the most common acident is where the oncoming car doesn't see the bike or turnsignals.

The new bike still has a princess tiny tank and no mention of the tracer longer swingarm, despite all the tracer reviewers saying it improved the handling so much ( gee what a surprise...)

Oh, really? Do you know if the Tracer swinger a direct replacement?

I assume it's the same chassis's, wheel and brake assy, but I don't really know. 

I would gladly eBay a Tracer arm over the pond for a little more wheelbase. 

I can honestly say ive got no complaints on the cosmetics. I think it looks pretty cool. Im looking foreward to reading reviews on the revised suspension. An OE rear shock that works decently would be a nice option.

5 minutes ago, rjg said:

The seat shape is looking more comfortable 👍

image.png.519f540ea2e0275c6c8a9df6ab18dc68.png

I wonder if we can swap it for a 2019 and put it on the tank for stuuntz

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

21 hours ago, nick13 said:

What the hell did I just watch?? Was that supposed to be a commercial? I guess I'm not the correct demographic for this bike. LMAO!

• Global Moderator
4 minutes ago, michigan400 said:

What the hell did I just watch?? Was that supposed to be a commercial? I guess I'm not the correct demographic for this bike. LMAO!

I thought exactly the same thing.  It told me nothing except they apparently are not trying to sell bikes to my age group. 

I don't know if the tracer swingarm is a direct replacement. Only that it is a bit longer. All of the reviews of the tracer mentioned that the bike felt more stable and better planted. 

When I put the longer swingarm into the Suspension software it gives a definitely better weight distro . One note though, is that the short trail that the 07 has stock may become the issue pattonme talks about. I haven't been able to ascertain if the tracer has more trail.

I suspect the tracer swingarm would be a physical swap but no proof yet. May be some linkage mods? The effective spring rate would have to be higher for the extra leverage.

I suspect we may be waiting a fair while for a crashed tracer to see if the swingarm will fit and how much modding would be needed.

On the same note The tracer tank is bigger. If aI knew it was a reasonably straight fit THAT would be my first try. The stock tank is just too bloody small for where I live.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

@gregjet, the Tracer 700 trail is 90mm with a 24.8° "caster angle" according to the UK website.  That looks pretty much the same as the FZ-07. 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, michigan400 said:

As I watched this, all I could think was WTF?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

4 hours ago, michigan400 said:

You just watched young enga san be tricked by the natorious bako niko dark ninja.  He is faceless because he betrayed his clan and they put the boshido spell on him and he roams the earth looking for young wite dim wit melinio's to become his biatch

" Tracer 700 trail is 90mm with a 24.8° "caster angle" according to the UK website."

I might have a fair bit more trouble justifying that to pattonme. Certainly wouldn't be raising the rear with that swingarm on.

7 hours ago, gregjet said:

" Tracer 700 trail is 90mm with a 24.8° "caster angle" according to the UK website."

I might have a fair bit more trouble justifying that to pattonme. Certainly wouldn't be raising the rear with that swingarm on.

I was looking at the US Specs the tracer is listed as 2019, 2018-al FZ/MT07 Vs EU show about same chassi demensions. But them mute but make a difference.  Humm.  I was very interested to see if Yamaha changed the chassi up a bit besides suspenders.  A little disapointed in that.  My search for a chassi continues :)  I sure hope that was not to negative

L x W x H = 82.1 in x 29,3 in x 42.9 in
Seat Height = 31.7 in
Wheelbase = 55.1 in
Rake (Caster Angle) = 24.8° (US SPEC) | 24.5 / EU Tracer 24
Trail = 3.5 US AND EU | EU Tracer 3.9 in
Maximum Ground Clearance = 5.5 in
Fuel Capacity = 3.7 gal
Fuel Economy = 58 mpg
Wet Weight = 403 lb

13 hours ago, r1limited said:

You just watched young enga san be tricked by the natorious bako niko dark ninja.  He is faceless because he betrayed his clan and they put the boshido spell on him and he roams the earth looking for young wite dim wit melinio's to become his biatch

Ahhh! Now it all makes sense. Pirate ninja cowboys on a quest of honor, vengeance and to save the schools recreation center from evil developers by challenging them to an extreme freestyle ski race down Mt. Fuji. 😁

"While the latest addition to Yamaha's range adopts the same engine and chassis as the MT-07LA, it also sports several notable differences. In addition to the front fairing and screen, the Tracer also gets a 17-litre fuel tank (up three litres), 'semi-soft' panniers (more on that later), revised suspension settings, a 50mm longer swingarm and different handlebars and risers.

As a result the Tracer has a longer 1450mm wheelbase for additional stability, and a higher wet weight – 196kg for the Tracer, versus 182kg for the naked bike. This is from the Bikesales review.

The Tracer also has a higher seat height (835mm versus 805mm) and more rear suspension travel (142mm versus 130mm)."

This is from an Aussie review I found . The weight increase is a bit over the top. Tank only has 3 more litres and no obvious other overweight stuff. A couple of inch longer swingarm isn't goin to add that either.

For those that don't know the Aussie LAMS version of the 07 motor has smaller barrels. Same head means the CR drops half an integer as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to a black radiator is a nice touch. Moving the turn-signals to hang off the radiator, not so much.

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, r1limited said:

In other words, he's a an old perv trolling for young boys??? 

Beemer

Archived