The MT-07 Forum

How Often Do You Ride Your Bike?

bornagainbiker

How Often Do You Ride You Ride Your Bike?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do You Ride You Ride Your Bike?

• Every Day
    • Four to Six Times a Week
    • One to Three Times a Week
    • Less Than Once a Week

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Personally, I try to ride everyday during our season (April to November), but I don't always manage to get out, still I probably manage to get a ride in at least 5 times a week.  How often do you ride your motorcycle?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Winter is coming, since I lack winter gear for the PNW I pretty much hang it up at first freeze.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

both of my bikes are daily drivers rain or shine... I start riding as soon as the "road" dont hold frost and stop riding as soon as the "road" holds frost... yea its gets into the low 30s currently but not enough to freeze the roads... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

During the season I use it as my main mode of transportation. That being said, now that the snow's coming, It's only going to see the light during the warmer winter days, which there are normally a lot of.

I started riding in 1980 and rode every day, regardless of weather. Deep snow, ice, sleet, ice through two winters. Then I got a car and used my bikes for recreation rides mostly on fair weather days. A job down-town saw me ride every day from the spring of 2006 to the fall of 2007, because it was easier to park a bike and lane split through the cues. Again I ride through a full winter. Now that we have moved office much closer to home I am back in the saddle almost every day and expect to ride all through winter once more on my Virago scrambler. 

• Premium Member

Since work started, about once a week or less depending on how busy I get. I don't ride to work cause I usually don't get enough sleep.

During summer and winter breaks, I ride a few times a week (mostly night rides).

I do go to a track day and want to get more into those.

I do HVAC for a living, so I'm stuck driving a 10k lb truck during the week. 

Still find time to hop on the bike(s) at every opportunity. I have a pickup for when there is snow on the ground or I need to haul something large, otherwise I run all personal errands on the bike, year 'round. 

Absolutely despise driving my personal cage. If I could commute to work on a bike daily I would be ecstatic!

16 hours ago, norcal616 said:

both of my bikes are daily drivers rain or shine... I start riding as soon as the "road" dont hold frost and stop riding as soon as the "road" holds frost... yea its gets into the low 30s currently but not enough to freeze the roads... 

When I lived in Commiefornia I road everyday pretty much.  In San Jose, there was like 4 days out of the year you did not ride.  Here in the PNW, its such a short season, I have a thermal suit, so I ride as much as I can.  It seems around Dec (Mid) it gets first freeze and its off until mid march

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, r1limited said:

When I lived in Commiefornia I road everyday pretty much.  In San Jose, there was like 4 days out of the year you did not ride.  Here in the PNW, its such a short season, I have a thermal suit, so I ride as much as I can.  It seems around Dec (Mid) it gets first freeze and its off until mid march

I live in Michigan... thats the 616 part of my screen name... we get an odd week or 2 in the middle of winter where the snow is still a few feet thick but 45 and sunny...just enough to short errand trips during the day to cure PMS ( Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) ...the other days we get relief by " air biking " , ya know sitting on the bike, making bike noises and mimicking our favorite racer 😀

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

24 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

I live in Michigan... thats the 616 part of my screen name... we get an odd week or 2 in the middle of winter where the snow is still a few feet thick but 45 and sunny...just enough to short errand trips during the day to cure PMS ( Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) ...the other days we get relief by " air biking " , ya know sitting on the bike, making bike noises and mimicking our favorite racer 😀

I belong to Garage Freestyle, we are innovators in fast talkin to slow thinkin people while inventing all kinda stuntz on da bike in da garage.  I will toss up some picks on a trick I am perfecting called double seated standing wheely

I ride every day unless something gets in the way. I sometimes get a little tired of riding on the same boring, local roads and my hands hurt from arthritis at times but I never get tired of the riding. Besides, it's my only escape so until something better comes along. (good luck something better)

Beemer

That is my biggest gripe, Beemer - riding the same roads over and over. To me, just riding the bike doesn't bring all that much joy on its own. I also need exciting roads that twists and turns and give great vistas. When I do not use my bikes for commuting - which have been the normal situation - I typically ride 150 miles or more every ride just to get a bit out of my area. And to be really satisfied I need 300 miles or more in a day because 80-100 miles of every ride is more or less spent on transportation along the same routes. 

Perhaps I'm not a true biker... 😋

45 minutes ago, faffi said:

That is my biggest gripe, Beemer - riding the same roads over and over. To me, just riding the bike doesn't bring all that much joy on its own. I also need exciting roads that twists and turns and give great vistas. When I do not use my bikes for commuting - which have been the normal situation - I typically ride 150 miles or more every ride just to get a bit out of my area. And to be really satisfied I need 300 miles or more in a day because 80-100 miles of every ride is more or less spent on transportation along the same routes. 

There is always something different on the same road.  IMO I read complacency? just my opinion.  It is not about the road, its about simply riding.

22 hours ago, faffi said:

I'm the same way, I keep venturing out further and further, taking more unknown side roads when I see them. We're a little like wolves in that sense except we aren't hunting for food, just adventure.

Beemer

I only go to track days and trips to deals gap, rarely ride locally, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. Never commuted on my bike lol. I wish I could ride a lot more! working two jobs and having a child kinda slows down your riding time. 

I try and ride as much as i can (renovating 2 houses at once and working full time doesnt help though) atm thats probably twice a week for a quick lap around our lake here....I usually stop riding in summer once the 40 deg C are reached....just no fun in leathers ......

I mostly use my bike for commuting.  I try to ride at least 5 days a week, more if I get some time on the weekends and the weather cooperates.  

5 days a week commuting to work unless its below 50 and raining.  I can take the cold or the rain, but would rather not do both anymore.  My wife rides hers to work a few times a month when she doesn't have to drag her tools around (she cleans houses).  We try to ride every weekend, it's great when your girl rides pillion, but even better when she rides beside you.  Chicks on bikes turn me on , but when it's my chick, even better 🙌

Grip it & Rip it

I do construction work so I have to drive my car during the week with all my tools and crap. I generally park the car and ride all weekend though. It doesn’t really get cold enough here to not ride, but when the rainy season starts I’ll only ride on dry days... 

Pardon me if I should have known, but where do you live? Mild sounds nice, but we have rain about 250 days per year and I cannot say I enjoy it much.

Archived