The MT-07 Forum

1965 CT200 Trail 90 98% Completed 4 Sale Now

r1limited

Welp, I started the 90 rebuild and restore.  Nothing like spendng a 38 degree day in the garage scrubbing case oxidation and 50 years of use off the motor.  I find that the stinking gasket set I got off ebay is marked CT200 but is for the CT105 55cc.  At least the seals are the same somewhat.  Stopped me from buttoning up the bottom end.  Still looking for a 1 over piston kit as the bore is in need to a new face.

I have not decided if I want to fully restore the frame or leave it a little battered.  It is in great shape, Rust is clean able all things straight original but faded stickers.  My thoughts are to clean the frame and clear coat it to maintain that weathered look.

Test.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 months later...

Coming along slowly, decided to keep the dings and style of a used 50 year old bike

20180303_151201.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
27 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Coming along slowly,

That bike is going to do everything slowly :)   It looks like a fun project.  

15 hours ago, r1limited said:

Coming along slowly, decided to keep the dings and style of a used 50 year old bike

20180303_151201.jpg

That's just cool, man. That lil mudflap and brake pedal puts a smile on your face. :) What goes in the box behind the steering neck?

4 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

What goes in the box behind the steering neck?

That is the Airbox.  Notice the sprocket, well that is the secondary and the extra links are in the swingarm in a compartment just ahead of the rear foot pegs.  Later years I believe 67 they came with a Hi/Lo switch near the right heal.  Going to show it at Annual Snohomish Bike show in April

A ton of stuff available in SE Asia for them, including overbore kits. Very common bike. As far as I know hardly ant changes for decades so much part interchange.

The forks look more like a pre-postie bike ( they changed to ordinary slider forks) , so it should have a plastic leg fairing as far as I know, rather than the main frame piece cover. I also thought they ONLY came in red?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

TBolt USA was my go to source for little pitbike motor parts

also OOracing outta UK (some items cannot be sold to US) - they had the best selection I know at the time a few years ago

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

On 3/4/2018 at 11:57 AM, gregjet said:

A ton of stuff available in SE Asia for them, including overbore kits. Very common bike. As far as I know hardly ant changes for decades so much part interchange.

The forks look more like a pre-postie bike ( they changed to ordinary slider forks) , so it should have a plastic leg fairing as far as I know, rather than the main frame piece cover. I also thought they ONLY came in red?

Red and yeller, this is a 64, if I am not mistaken 1st year sold in the USA.  Older push rod cast iron head model until 68 then the more modern overhead cam design came. 

Wow. That is a rare one.

That motor and it's derivitives were used in things like motormowers for decades. Great find!

I was a postie in 1973 /4 for a while and we had the later OHC motors ( the bikes weren't new). The things did hundreds of thousands of kms almost completely reliably...full loaded. I wonder if the earlier ones were as well made?

• 2 weeks later...

Have the motor in, I am buttoning up the electrical and need to make a new battery housing this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress pics? Postie bikes are a cult bike here.

1 hour ago, gregjet said:

Progress pics? Postie bikes are a cult bike here.

Have not done much, with easter and other things like getting two other bikes ready from winter sleep.  Hope to have it all buttoned up by months end.  Electrical is complete just testing wiring not done yet

I wait to see the results. I like this project.

7 hours ago, gregjet said:

I wait to see the results. I like this project.

It is bloody hard finding parts for this dang thing.  Been looking for brake cables for months...

Never a dull moment bringing these back to life.  tore down the carb, boom, nothing but white powder in the float bowl.  Soaking now ordered rebuild and some other odds and ends.  Got the Wiring completed and diagrammed, now just need to correct the corroded connectors and replace bulbs to finish it off.  Next two weekends are a wash so it looks like project CT200 will be completed 28th or 29th.  No pics as it is the same

10 hours ago, wrxer said:

Mine is a 1964, many parts are not interchangable after 1966.  One tem that eludes me is the battery band bracket.  I have the original it is rusted in half, so I may have to just make one.

BanBracket.JPG

If you get one of those it will be close tyo a miracle. 6V battery?

40 minutes ago, gregjet said:

If you get one of those it will be close tyo a miracle. 6V battery?

Ya 6v.  I am a tad anal over somethings, like original parts, so I been very slow at this rebuild.  I can make one fairly easy so I guess it will suffice.  Oddly most of the parts are overseas (UK and Thailand) most UK are genuine stuff but an arm and a leg...

The asian stuff will be genuine as well. The small Hondas were manufactured in a number of SEA countries forever. Indonesia, Thailand and India for a start. There will still be CT's running around in all those countries ( and vietname as well I bet). They keep them going  for generations literally...

Archived