The MT-07 Forum

1965 CT200 Trail 90 98% Completed 4 Sale Now

r1limited

Actually I think they were manufactured in Brazil and Peru as well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Electrical is 100% all new connections (#2) that needed replacement, only thing is horn dont work, had to pull it all apart to clean I think its just done.  Exhaust on, carb on, throttle workingm but the carb is leaking like a sieve.  Come to find out the carb is not original 😒 never paid much attention to it when dismantling, only to rediscover it when i ordered the rebuild kit 👉😩👈 and started working on it today.  So now its time to ID the current carb or find an original.  I got spark, I know I got gas :) and this is so far 90% complete.

Might as well start on the rear swing arm and tire, get all that lubed cleaned and buttoned up

20180414_164044.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Carb identified as a 1966-1968 K model  FE T90 D Kiehin. which routed the air to the mid frame instead of up and into the stem.  Hard to combyum too and a new NOS is $500.  The original Carb is one of those buy it if you find it.  Snorkles are a dime a dozen.  Pfft So the virtures of ancient bikes.... New carb kit ordered :(

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Frsutrating day yesterday, 2nd CARB kit came,WRONG FREAKIN AGAIN.  OK no Ima pissed, not really, just disapointed I could not at min fire it up prior to the final clean up and final.  That said, I look at it as an oportunity to finish some other items I put off, so the header is pretty much not chrome anymore, so I started cleaning that up and will opt to paint black, not paying 90 to 120 bucks for a header.  If I was doing a 100% restore I would and may if I keep it.  But my goal is to show it at the ABATE Snohomish Bike Show May 20th

Today is a Moss out day and weed cleanup, since PNW Spring III is starting I might as well get some yard work done 👉😖👈

R1, what about stripping and rust converting the header, heat it to stabilise, then ceramic "silver/chrome" heat paint and a ceramic heat coat clear over it. It will look pretty close to stock except up real close.

R1 , are you still stuffing your matress with moss. We here in Orstralya have graduated to straw. Give it a try. Although peat moss does absorb more fluid ( if that's a problem).

2 hours ago, gregjet said:

R1 , are you still stuffing your matress with moss. We here in Orstralya have graduated to straw. Give it a try. Although peat moss does absorb more fluid ( if that's a problem).

Oh we gots Moss, I mean we have so much moss that old fable of moss grows on the north side is bullshut

• 3 weeks later...

All buttoned up.  Need to pull the carb back off and finish the brake light (Brake filiment is dead) and head light Highbeem is dead.  The carb is pita, not sure what I am going to do, Runs like the kit I got was just to rich and blubbering, on the other hand no adjustmet to air jet made any changes so I figure that carb is stel lmega clogged up.  Time to soak it in cleaner

I have  very cheap LG K3 sound sucks

Is this site any use to you ( 161euro is pretty steep though.) https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-ct200-trail-1964-usa_model1064/partslist/E++11.html

Ye they have good stuff but much of what they have I can get here, carbs are not a dime a dozen and bring a pretty heft value if in great shape like new for 400

• Premium Member

ooracing.com- used to buy alot of electronic stuff from em as well as exhaust

tboltusa.com is another good source for mini carbs and engine parts... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Bike is running buttoned up.  However its got a air leak I cannot figure out, me thinks the carb is to far gone, timing spot on, valves spot on, idles like it shoud then revs up like its sucking air some where, just cannot figure out were.
Shifts, Stops, hell of a lot of fun riding.  Cannot wait to get in full gear and ride around town.

Last items to do

1. Brake light
  2. Horn failed

Find a decent Carb

CT200-1.jpg

CT200-2.jpg

CT200-3.jpg

The Siblings getting some sun as the stable is cleaned and readied to clear the Yeller Beast (R1) for Flight.  In the back ground under cover is the Storm Trooper, a 1993 Miata Mazda.  Waiting on computer for the air bag, should pick that up at Pacific Raceway next month for the Lucky Dog 24 hours.

Siblings.jpg

Air sucking. Checked the phenol spacers and gasket in either eng of the little manifold. Had one of these with a cracked phenol spacer but you couldn't see it when it was out ( well not easily. When you bolted it down it would open.

6volt horn could be a bitch to find...

So cute...

I love the way the front rises under braking...so wierd.

Air sucking. Checked the phenol spacers and gasket in either eng of the little manifold. Had one of these with a cracked phenol spacer but you couldn't see it when it was out ( well not easily. When you bolted it down it would open.

6volt horn could be a bitch to find...

So cute...

I love the way the front rises under braking...so wierd.

I am more leaning that I missed the o-ring in the air idle screw as well as the float is not set right.  Them little buggers have to be set.  The reason I suspect that is al the air shooting into the manifold and are showed no signs of leak.  Even squrting carb clean would had made a change NADDA.  If the bowl is not set and drains to low and the fuel cannot fill back the revs will sky rocket.  Like a motor just about to sputter and stop the revs pick up (Air) then sputters and dies.

leaking in around the choke lever shaft?

1 hour ago, gregjet said:

leaking in around the choke lever shaft?

Not on this kiehin as the shaft is outside the carb entry.  The put a CM91 on this thing shown below.

honda-cm91-1966-usa-carburetor_mediumhu0

This is what should be on it

hj0906w0013003.gif

The stock carb is one I have never seen! Wow. Looks like a mower carb.

98% completed now for sale

CompletedL.jpg

CompletedR.jpg

Have you ridden it. I am at the same stage with my GS500F Suzuki project. Nothing more interesting to do so time to sell it. I rode mine around the yard ( I have an acre) and thought " NEXT project"

• 4 months later...

Well after mnonths of looking for a carb, I was able to get most all of the bike completed.  Items missing Horn, Light / Horn Switch and rear brake light toggle.  I have had it up on craigs list all summer and it sold tonight.  Bitter sweet, but happier to sell it to someone who has enthusiams to see it through.

Can you now say Front and Rear Suspenders :)

Archived