The MT-07 Forum

Might not be a pr

derekfz

while I was riding my fz at top speed 132 best I’ve gotten so far (gps indicated lol) I was at around 9-10k rpms and I rode there for a good stretch. My check engine light came on? With no code. Went away as soon as I slowed down. Any ideas what this means?

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Did you happen to check your engine temp?  Your engine might have gotten a bit hot running that hard, and as soon as you backed off, the engine temp dropped back into the acceptable range--just a theroy.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

That light is triggered by the DOT GOS system monitoring sustained speed violators.  You are now in the DB of the US goobermint and labled a RACE-EST

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I did switch over to engine temp as quick as I could but it could have dropped already. I sorta feel that’s what it was. The temp light glows yellow too right? Right next to each other I think it was the temp. Hm maybe I need some Better coolant like engine ice or something 

Archived