The MT-07 Forum

Niken or T-7 at EICMA in Rho, Italy?

Cruizin

Ok, this is not a theory, not a tip or any thing more than a left field what if. 

What if the Niken is just a concept distraction by Y's marketing dept and the T7 comes rolling up the stairs, wheelies across da stage and slides back tire sideways just short of the microphone ?

Ok, go ahead. Yes, this is a dream of mine personally. The Niken could go give Rossi and team next year's championship, and I'd still be pretty hesitant to buy a three wheeled bike.  My favorite bikes ever all had Knobbie tires, starting at age 7 thru age 51. 

Two forks, 4 tubes,  (all 4 have springs?) two wheels all up front. I bet vibes will be extremely low with that much suspension. And the way that the tires have an amount of offset during lean, I'm curious how the grip is on this new machine.

Would I buy one? I dunno but I really plan on reviewing one. 

wj6x1bv1tpftn8xrxjhz.gif

If Yamaha did use this to fool the other bike corp's then it would be one of the biggest marketing plays ever. If the T7 gets announced instead I would be one of the first to put down a deposit.

Yamaha Niken or T7 at EICMA Rho 17 ? 

Both at same time would be great, announced to USA would be celebrated here by many. 

And, I'm completely nuts for even typing that. 

• Premium Member

Other than additional contact patch up front, I'm not seeing the point of the Niken. It's not something I'd be interested in at this time.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Wait, the Niken needs a kickstand??

My guess is the FZ-07 gets a facelift and IF the T7 is s announced it will not be for the US market (Yamaha seems to love giving new bikes to the rest of the world for at least a year before we see them, if ever).  

I also would not be surprised to see the MT name used in the US as that would explain why none of the FZ models on the website are 2018 yet (even though I do not like that name or the transformer logo that goes with it). 

I have no idea why the website does not have 2018 R1/R3/R6 models as they are all fairly new.  Maybe there will be a big surprise there?

Now I get to wait until Monday before I look like a total idiot for being completely wrong 😋.

• Global Moderator

@Cruizin, my guess on the part you have the arrow to is that it is the connecting rod so the front wheels do not go off in different directions. 

33 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

@Cruizin, my guess on the part you have the arrow to is that it is the connecting rod so the front wheels do not go off in different directions. 

Yeah, a front track but looking at the middle connection, is that an independent control so that ea wheel can slightly offset in corners? 

Personally I think it is an abomination and needs to be burned at the stake like we did to witches.  BURN THE BEAST BURN THE BEAST BURN THE BEAST

It is an EVIL CANCER

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

10 minutes ago, markstertt said:

So, what happened at the show, T7 coming, look good, priced right etc.?

T7 is still just s prototype.  I think that Yamaha is waiting to see what the KTM 790 is gonna be like, and try to build a better product. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, Cruizin said:

T7 is still just s prototype.  I think that Yamaha is waiting to see what the KTM 790 is gonna be like, and try to build a better product. 

Hmmm, I doubt KTM would wait to see what Yamaha builds. I'm still thinking about putting an -07 engine in modified dirt bike chassis, I have access to an older, 100+ miles, DRZ-400 that is like new so all the components are show room quality and with a steel frame I'm in my cutting and welding element. Also have an XR-400 rolling chassis, again with a steel frame so same deal if anyone has an opinion on either model. Not state of the art stuff but adequate and hard to break. The only thing I'd like to change on the FZ-07 is the oil system, I'd like to make it a dry sump system to get rid of that sump hanging down there. I wish I knew if another bike (dirt?) or quad had a similar oil pump but with a scavenge side and chain drive...a dry sump conversion would be nice for an adventure bike...just thinking out loud.

• 1 month later...

I can think of a couple reasons why. I've always heard people say things like, (talking about motorcycles) I'll fall over on the thing, they're dangerous. People worry they will wreck because they can't balance a motorcycle very well.  Yamaha has made a motorcycle that can help to take some of the fear out of riding with their dual forks. Look, it balances easy! That might attract quite a few people that were once afraid of themselves trying to balance and bikes that didn't balance by themselves. Lots of people buy the Can Am Spiders for those very reasons so why not this? Reason #2, give Can Am and some of the other three wheeled bikes some competition and boost Yami's overall sales. 

I'm not interested in one because although it may be somewhat cool looking it would be heavier, slower and more expensive than an FZ-09. (I'll take my chances leaning) When I'm older and find myself struggling with balance I would consider buying one. Until then it's just me and my FZ. 

Just an afterthought. What if all motorcycles went the way of three wheelers and two wheeled bikes became obsolete? There would be poor Yamaha sitting at the back of the pack because they didn't go forward like the rest did. (reminds me of an old story about dinosaurs and H.D.'s) Can't take a chance of that happening, you have to keep up with the pack or you turn into a lap dog.

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I hope that Three wheelers take over and people abandon their two wheelers. Cause then I'll go on a discount shopping spree and fill my shop with all my dream bikes. 

Don't even joke about that. :)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 10:26 PM, Cruizin said:

I hope that Three wheelers take over and people abandon their two wheelers. Cause then I'll go on a discount shopping spree and fill my shop with all my dream bikes. 

If that happens can I have your KTM?

Beemer

I don't like the look with the exposed fork tops. Some extension of the fairing would do for me.

Just do it! 

Archived