The MT-07 Forum

Sport Riding On the Street

Beemer

Not a question but instead some advice to help keep new riders alive and well. 

Not to mention, even if there aren't obstacles, race tracks are manicured and don't have everything from oil to french fries on them. >>Things that can cause a wreck.<< 😳 Go too fast and you don't see it in time or you can't avoid it. Do as you will, try and be safe! Happy trails!

Beemer

17 hours ago, Redstang4 said:

Thought this was already up here... ??  Saw it somewhere not too long ago anyway.

Good lookin' out @Beemer!!

We all need the reminder sometimes

It was but I read something that triggered me and I just figured they missed seeing the old one and would maybe notice it in a new thread. Not that they would heed any warnings but like the saying goes, "if it saves just one life."

Beemer

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

The reason that the Isle of Man TT is for totally crazy Mother "F"ers.

Could you please reword that, I think I understand what it means but I'm not positive. Thanks!

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Could you please reword that, I think I understand what it means but I'm not positive. Thanks!

Sure thing Beemer.  With all the possible obstacles to hit during the Isle of Man TT (at MotoGP speeds), one might have to be a bit on the crazy side to enter that race. :o

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

The TT is the top of the mountian for many racers, its like Pikes Peak or that 200 MPH club at the salts.  There is a Real Road Racing Series that has been running for sometime which was born from Maccau GP which was born from the TT (If History is correct I may have it wrong))  Bucke List item is to run the TT, not os much race, but to ride it be there and watch.  But the add from Doohan is pretty much spot on, but we will always have those who think withthe two brains in thier pants and not with the 3lb mass of tissue between the ears.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

4 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Sure thing Beemer.  With all the possible obstacles to hit during the Isle of Man TT (at MotoGP speeds), one might have to be a bit on the crazy side to enter that race. :o

That's what I thought you were saying and I agree 100%. I knew one of those crazy type of riders back in high school only he rode motocross. Nothing seemed to scare him. I'd seen him ride on many occasions and you just knew if he ever went professional he would be at the front of the pack if not ahead of everyone. He loved pushing the limits. I made the mistake once of actually riding in the back of his truck once with some other people (out partying) and the guy (Tommy was his name) thought it would be fun to cut the wheel really fast and hard and suddenly go off U.S. 40 at 75 mph. and cut across people's driveways and do power slides through their lawn (tearing up their grass) and back onto the highway. The crazy SOB didn't wreck (thank god) but I never rode with him on anything ever again.

Needless to say, he stole a Winnebago one night off a lot that always left the keys in the vehicles (70's) and drove it around drunk for a while and when he did decide to park it he tried burning all the evidence and burned it to the ground. He still got caught, his dad had to pay for the damages and that was the end of his future career he had wanted in racing. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
21 minutes ago, Beemer said:

That's what I thought you were saying and I agree 100%. I knew one of those crazy type of riders back in high school only he rode motocross. Nothing seemed to scare him. I'd seen him ride on many occasions and you just knew if he ever went professional he would be at the front of the pack if not ahead of everyone. He loved pushing the limits.

Seems we all knew a guy like that when we were young.  I knew a guy named Fred who routinely passed cars at 80 mph whilst on the back wheel.  Didn't matter if there was oncoming traffic or not.  He rode one of those insane Kawasaki 750 triple two strokes from the seventies and seemed to have zero fear of dying.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

6 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Seems we all knew a guy like that when we were young.  I knew a guy named Fred who routinely passed cars at 80 mph whilst on the back wheel.  Didn't matter if there was oncoming traffic or not.  He drove one of those insane Kawasaki 750 triple two strokes from the seventies and seemed to have zero fear of dying.

Just nuts!

Beemer

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived