The MT-07 Forum

Help for SPY 5000M alarm / Starting circuit cut-off relay

Levent

Hi there,

I have several questions to get some information.
I want to put a thief alarm system on my motorcycle. I have already bought "SPY 5000M" alarm system and this system.
There is a protection feature against thieves which is known as "remote cut of engine".
In order to activate this system I would like to learn that.
Where is "starting circuit cut-off relay" place in motorcycle. Could you please send a picture as an example?
When we look "remote cut of engine" in 2014 FZ-07 / MT-07 wiring diagram, it is like red-black cable.
At this point I would like to have the same for 2015 FZ-07 / MT-07 model?
On the other hand, is this diagram the same for the two motorcycle models (2014 and 2015 FZ-07 / MT-07)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello Levent and welcome to the forum.
I don't have any answers to your questions, just more questions to add.

My question is the following: why would you need to remotely cut the engine? Can you describe a scenario?

My reasoning is that the bike has an immobilizer. This means that you can't start it without the key, without replacing the ECU. Modern thieves that target modern bikes don't even try to start-up the bike. They just throw it in a van and disappear. Then in their comfy garage, they either chop it down into little pieces to sell as parts or change the ECU, alter the frame numbers, and sell it.

In the above scenario, what good will the engine cut-off do? If they opened-up the bike to replace the ECU they also removed your precious SPY 5000 already.

Since you already bought the alarm I would suggest not to mess with the electronics and just leave it to act as a noisy deterrent.

Also, definitely invest in some sort of "anchoring" method, i.e. a chain to something fixed on the ground.

Archived