The MT-07 Forum

Auto Meter Tachometer?...

blackout

• Premium Member

Has anyone with a FZ07R run a analog tachometer similar to what I linked below? 

Does anyone see a need for a tach over 10,000 rpms?  The stock goes to 12,000, but shifting any higher than 10,000 seems too high.

I'm assuming it would wire up fine by tapping into the stock tach signal.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for any input.

http://www.autometer.com/3-3-8-tachometer-0-10-000-rpm-white-pro-cycle.html

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Im kinda following this thread...love me some needle gauages mainly for quick RPM check rather than read digital numbers...  I love the needle gauges because you can rotate them so when you see the needle vertical, its time to shift...

another idea is to use the PCV POD300 system if you have a PCV installed... I went this route as I can see alot of information about the bike and it doubles as my shift light...I mainly use the POD300 as my tach guage and speed gauge in a split view mode since the unit is bolted just under my windscreen which is perfect since its right at the bottom of my vision...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Yup, shift when needle is straight up.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived