The MT-07 Forum

Off-Season Tune Planning/Questions

rhino

Bike is completely stock and planning on doing upgrades over the winter and getting my ECU flashed, and have a few question;

Picked the Akrapovic Ti exhaust (for aesthetics) with baffle in (for my ears).  Should I install with or without the option catalytic converter?  Can the O2 Sensor be removed?

For the air intake, the website mentions removing the snorkel – Is the snorkel the complete rubber unit (90degree elbow above the filter, and portion which extends into the filter) or just the portion which extend into the filter?  Should the OEM Air Filter be used, or can an aftermarket (leaning towards a Sprint Filter) be used?

The website also mentions removing the snorkel plate as another option – Would this mean using something like the DNA Stage 2 Filter lid (or similar from MWR)?

IMO, keeping the O2 on is easiest, off there is addtional work to be done, best asking and asnwered by those far smarter than I in this.

My opinion on filtration, OPEN IT UP LET IT BREATH, get it flashed with all the goodies on it

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

I took the snorkel off my bike.  You can just remove it and leave the part the snorkel attaches to in place.  You do not need to buy an airbox cover.  You also only need to remove the seat and you can reach forward and pull the snorkel out.  

• Premium Member

Your best bet is to CALL 2WDW and talk to the nice folks over there...

AFAIK- i haven't seen anyone post that they are using a "cat" with the AkraTi... 

-keep the O2 sensor 

-stock airfilter flows plenty for the airbox

-remove the whole snorkel- the top cover stays on to hold airfilter down...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Call Nels for a couple reasons.

1. He has hundreds of good reviews spread all over this website from the past three years. The shop I picked as our ecu flash vendor because their cust svc, free tune updates policy and fast return of ecu times. Seriously, send your ecu into Nels on Monday and at the worst, get it back by Friday but usually much sooner, depending on where you live.  

2. This doesn't help the op, but they have exhaust prices too low to mention here. Trust me, if thinking about doing ECU and Exhaust, call Nels first. Best deal is their tune and exhaust package, save $$$ under buying separately somewhere else. (425) 269-5332, Pacific time zone normal business hours. 

There are pics of the snorkel in the tech tips section. Try a search in the top right search bar for any topic, we probably have it covered, lol. 

Archived