The MT-07 Forum

got me an FZ-07

R6-FZ07

Hello all,

Finally decided to get one.  The FZ is my second bike and will be my all around bike as I'm dedicating the R6 for the track.  I've tested the FZ at the track couple times and loved it.  A couple of basic parts are on the way but I'll be definitely getting a full exhaust so I can share the sound of the bike.  And yes I got the fastest color.

Unfortunately, when I did the oil change the bolt that came with the bike was not the original one.  (Which I didn't even know) my crush washer didn't even fit. So the next day saw a tiny puddle and decided to look up crush washers and bolts fz07.  Finally realized it has the same drain bolt as the R6. I used the bolt but leaks very little.  hopefully the old bolt didn't damage the oil pan.

If anyone has an idea to stop the leak let me know.

Capture.JPG

Welcome, bike looks great. Are you absolutely positive it is the same bolt? I’d verify part numbers if you haven’t done so already and put a crush washer on it. You didn’t specify if you did or not in your original post. Perhaps there is some debris between the bolthead and the oil pan that is allowing some seepage? If I were you I’d just buy new OEM bolt, washer, clean where they seal and torque to spec. 

35 minutes ago, C4 Trousers said:

I’d just buy new OEM bolt, washer, clean where they seal and torque to spec. 

I'd be careful with the torque to spec. The manuals spec is insanely tight and you run the risk of stripping out the pan. Read through some of the other posts on here about it. Most guys go with tighten until the washer stops crushing. You can feel it when it's tight. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Love the black.  Welcome to the family/community.

SigSide.jpg

Welcome and congrats! Is black the fastest color these days? I'm too lazy to check. Gotta love the black!

Beemer

19 hours ago, C4 Trousers said:

Welcome, bike looks great. Are you absolutely positive it is the same bolt? I’d verify part numbers if you haven’t done so already and put a crush washer on it. You didn’t specify if you did or not in your original post. Perhaps there is some debris between the bolthead and the oil pan that is allowing some seepage? If I were you I’d just buy new OEM bolt, washer, clean where they seal and torque to spec. 

The bolt that came with the bike was a mushroom type.  I did look up the part number for the drain bolt and it is the same as the r6 and I did use a crush washer.  I did a quick drain bolt switch and plugged the oem bolt on.   Hopefully it's just debris.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived