The MT-07 Forum

ABS making strange noise

Double Tee Moto

Double Tee Moto

Hi there,

I have had my MT07 since Jan this year and for the last few months i have been having a strange noise coming from the ABS. it usually happens when i down shift or brake a bit hard, but it has now progressed to the point that if i roll the bike of the curb on to the road it will make the noise as well. 

I will add a link to show what i mean (note: this is not my video however it is the only one that shows what i am talking about)

Is there anyone else that has experienced this problem before/

Regards,

TT

Thats is a feature :)  That sounds more like pads squealing, or it can be that the ABS is causing irregular pressure.  Does it happen when it is Dry?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Double Tee Moto
9 hours ago, r1limited said:

Thats is a feature :)  That sounds more like pads squealing, or it can be that the ABS is causing irregular pressure.  Does it happen when it is Dry?

yeah it happens in all conditions, wet, dry, warm, cold 

I would pull the pads and inspect them measure them as well if they are wearing unevenly or you may have some rust build up, many reason why breaks will squeal.  Inspect them, clean them replace the pads and gets some uber fine steal wool and in a circular motion clean the rotors

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 years later...

I have the exact same problem. There seems to be a second topic at this forum only no actual solution. Does anyone have an idea? Just today my front brake stopped for a little while. I am assuming the problem is in the ABS modulator or my headcilinder. Only the problem (sound) also occurs when hitting the rear break or shifting. And the sound seems to come from the ABS modulator at the right. 

kind regards!

Edited by Ray689