The MT-07 Forum

Kawasaki Z900RS Unveiled

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member

I still wish I never sold my 1987 ZL1000... muscle cruiser it was... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Damn near every stock seat sucks. Actually hurts. 

70's 80's bikes had comfortable seats. And ya know what? If Im comfortable, I ride faster and longer.

I think a very significant engineering class retired/died back in the mid-90's and their values and experience with them. The young whipper-snappers and their fakakta computers and the damnable accountants no longer allow the engineers to do such things as spend the time or materials designing a seat worthy of the name. I think maybe we need to organize a 50 bike rally to endlessly circle the Yam HQ in Japan with colorful Zabuton strapped to the seats.

I think the Z900 looks like ass, totally dig the -RS styling. The cafe IMO would have been better if they had used ZRX parts.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

It must be about 20 years ago when Cycle World compared old and new. I do not recall all bikes, but one pair was the KZ1000R vs the ZRX1100. And that they commented about how comfy the old bikes were compared to the newer ones, especially by offering more leg room. Which was extra funny since the KZ1000R had a cut-down seat that made it much more cramped than typical for circa 1980 😁

Anyway, I find my old and aching knees being far happier with the sit-up-and-beg riding position than the current heels-in-your-arse posture. Bums are happier with legs folded under you, though, which probably explains why knees are fairly happy and bum rather unhappy on the MT07 ;)

• Premium Member

I really like the black 1, pity they have some matte silver cover under the tank where the air box is.

It looks awesome, but Jeez you couldn't fit a disc lock under the seat, with all the crap the have in there!!

Archived