The MT-07 Forum

Kawasaki Z900RS Unveiled

bornagainbiker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate Kuminsuckme's Ths is one they got it right bike

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I have no preferred brand - there are bikes I like and dislike from just about every manufacturer. But I'm glad they went conservative with the 900RS as it is much better than the suggestions presented so far.

• Premium Member

I get and understand the appeal of retro bikes. They're just not my cup of tea.

Perhaps it's the memories of personally riding bikes that looked like this back when they were considered "Modern styling"? 😄 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Looks nice. I like a comfy seat and a "standard" posture but I'm not as crazy about inline 4's as I am parallel twins. I would rather have a grunty, 1200 Triumph. If only Yamaha would make an FZ-10, only in parallel twin configuration. (do you hear me now, Yamaha?!)

Beemer

except apparently Kaw used up their annual allotment for creases/corners on the EX400 so there isn't one anywhere. I think it could have used a couple. But I agree, a bike that looks proper and fitting. I'm sick and tired of Gandam styling.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

19 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

Here's the black version:

z900rs-black.png.a9c7c07a903d8c2cae96e9fa035fe6b4.png

Now when I see that I see the 1970ish 71

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Initially I'm not too impressed with it in photos, but looking at that youtube vid, when the camera pans out from the instrument cluster back out to the body- I can tell the bike probably looks great in person.  Doesn't look cheap.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Oh My

2018-motorcycles-eicma-show-20.JPG

That certainly brings back a lot of memorys at Laguna Seca

I have seen the bike this which paint scheme this cafe version is patterned after, but I cannot remember the team. Cirka 1980 vintage. It looked like a private garage job then, still does today. Me no likey. 

44 minutes ago, faffi said:

I have seen the bike this which paint scheme this cafe version is patterned after, but I cannot remember the team. Cirka 1980 vintage. It looked like a private garage job then, still does today. Me no likey. 

Team Kawasaki Muzzy

Eddie Lawsons version

EddieLawsonsMuzzy.jpg

Nope. I mean the same lines, not a proper Kawasaki job. Below is one example of an old private racer, but like I said, the 900RS is almost a carbon copy of a bike I have pictured in one of my old stack of magazines, I just do not remember which one.

British-Piper-Kawasaki-Endurance-Racer-L

Archived