The MT-07 Forum

Honda Neo Sports Cafe... I want it!

SkH

For those of you on the phone who want instant pics, here they are.

2017-10-neo1.jpg

116673_Neo_Sports_Caf_Concept-770x578.jpg

If I were a betting man, it won't make production.  Looks too futuristic.  And if by some miracle it does... its going to look a bit different.  Maybe to the point where all its character is gone.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, duenan said:

For those of you on the phone who want instant pics, here they are.

If I were a betting man, it won't make production.  Looks too futuristic.  And if by some miracle it does... its going to look a bit different.  Maybe to the point where all its character is gone.

I'm guessing it'll at least get some bulbous turn-signals and a warning sticker on the tank. :D 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

kinda looks like a  FZ-09 but without that displacement busting CP3 engine 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

You are right @DewMan, by the time they add turn signals, a license plate holder and a giant fender it will look a lot different.

18 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

You are right @DewMan, by the time they add turn signals, a license plate holder and a giant fender it will look a lot different.

If that's all they do, then by golly, it won't be so bad since you can do something about all that to change it back to concept looks.

Nah, I bet they would "normalfy" the shet out of that design if it ever made production.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

It is a beauty of a bike though.  I'd like to see the gauge display modified a bit as it looks like a phone hanging out above the headlamp and perhaps a bit low.  This would be a perfect bike concept to roll out all led and integrate into the lines of the bike such as front turn signal lights along the sides of the radiator guard and vertical bar rear turn signals integrated into the sides of the license plate holder.  Dreams, dreams.

Too many cyl for this little black duck, but it does look pretty fine.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I'd almost forgive the extra cylinder to have those looks. But then, it would in production become a boring Honda, no doubt. That said, Honda sells nearly twice as many bikes in the UK than the next highest manufacturer (Yamaha). Boring sells, it seems. 

Just do it! 

On 10/26/2017 at 11:14 PM, Cruizin said:

You wanna know what I call new bikes like this? Forum Bait. 

Should I create a new forum for this bike? What about that new bike? But then there is that other new bike.. 

Yeah, I'm nuts. 

So long as you wait to see if the bike is selling well, like you did with the FZ-07, then you're not so nuts. 

Beemer

Well, turns out it is in fact a production ready 2018 CB1000R.  Guess I can eat my words because it is mostly intact.  Save for the less concepty seat design, and silver undertail and taillight as well as more traditional looking gauge cluster.  And instead of the ugly fender, they went with the floating ducati style fender.

17-770x440.jpg

23-770x577.jpg

YU AAK

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Must be nice getting old and not caring about decorum and not having a filter. Hopefully I'm not that way when I become your age.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

I wonder when they will connect up huggers to the rear 'floating' one and give us back our mudguard? Would make sense, to me at least.

Just do it! 

The CB1000R Neo Cafe was one of the highlights at Eicma for me.
It looks in real the same good as on pictures. Riding position is perfect in my opinion. I'm quite tall (193cm) so I expected worse.
Clutch a bit harder than Kawasaki z900 but still a lot better than the FZ-07 clutch for example. (sorry :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived