The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Missed Connections

motomeek

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I saw a red FZ-07 in Grand Rapids Michigan on 04/11/2015 midafternoon.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted a red one in the parking lot of one of those gas station/Dairy Queen combo joints this weekend, so I pulled into the parking lot to see if it truly was what I thought it was - and it was. It was parked next to a nice looking Harley.

As I was checking some texts on my phone before leaving, the guys came out of the DQ. I guess they saw me checking the bikes out and came out to say hi. Turned out to be just a kid with his dad; still in high school. I think he picked a great bike to learn on. I showed them a bunch of mods on my bike they asked about, gave them some tips on where and what to buy for his and rode off. He seemed like a good kid.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm probably the only one on here from NZ... But, there's an absolute sheeeet load of them blasting around here... Been very popular I hear.

• Premium Member
I think I'm probably the only one on here from NZ... But, there's an absolute sheeeet load of them blasting around here... Been very popular I hear.
If you have the opportunity to talk to them, get them to sign up!  ;)

• Global Moderator
If you have the opportunity to talk to them, get them to sign up!  ;)

As a Kiwi (although a displaced one) I agree. There are three times as many Aussies here so far.

I keep seeing red one's in my white FZ's mirrors and then they're gone, like a phantom.

Beemer

I keep seeing red one's in my white FZ's mirrors and then they're gone, like a phantom.
That's because white ones are so much faster than red ones that they disappear from your mirrors.

• Premium Member

White FZ at the Shell Station on Angeles Crest Highway (CALI). Dude was wearing a high viz yellow jacket.

Also saw a group of three FZs at Newcomb's Ranch! But I think they know who they are, since they're on the forum!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I keep seeing a white one in Costa Mesa on my way to work.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

suspiciouspackage

Saw a black one coming into SDSU when I was leaving. We stared at each other while he was turning like damn who are you. And when I was on the 15S I saw a red one pulled over on the shoulder checking out his phone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

White one with updated turn signals at the Ontario Mills mall in Ontario, CA RIGHT NOW!

Who are you and why aren't we riding together?!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

That's because white ones are so much faster than red ones that they disappear from your mirrors.
I think its the other way around there @vi5a. The red ones disappear because they can teleport with a twist of the wrist :P
Keep seeing a grey/blurple one at school but never see the rider.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest JerzieFREQ

The day I signed all the paperwork for my bike I saw 2 brothers (about 50 yrs old) who had just bought theres. One had a white one and the other a red. I definitely liked the red way more. So glad I got it. I haven't seen them again though. I talked to them for quite some times about the bike. They both had a more cruiser background. Both had owned Harleys and and what not. This was their first foreign bike I think and they said it was probably the best bike they have owned. They roughly had 300 miles on the bikes and just wouldn't stop saying good things about it. That's when I got a smile from ear to ear. Lol. Knew I made a good choice that day.

• Premium Member

None around here in west MMichigan, unless ppl are keeping as garage queens..so since the fz-07 is super rare bike in west Michigan I debadged the fz-07 and covered up the tail end fz-07 decal...makes me feel like I'm on a " prototype"... Hehehe..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Live in Fargo, ND have yet to see another besides mine. Dealer here said they haven't sold many at all and a few were out of towners. Spotted a real nice fz-09 downtown though

None around here in west MMichigan, unless ppl are keeping as garage queens..so since the fz-07 is super rare bike in west Michigan I debadged the fz-07 and covered up the tail end fz-07 decal...makes me feel like I'm on a " prototype"... Hehehe..
I rode through Michigan yesterday, after the rain/storms from Saginaw to Chicago

Rode with a grey and blue FZ-07 on the qew yesterday for about 6 KM. He got off on Third Line in Oakville.

I liked the windscreen and fender eliminator the bike had.

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted a white FZ-07 in my area, St-Jerome, Canada. Fender eliminator and clear flashers. Seems that the red one (my bike) is faster in an highway's entrance. But the white is faster in straight line. Lol. :D We had the same reflexe when we were side by side. Both of us were thumb up.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Saw a dope ass liquid graphite going up junipiro headed past 4th street in Long Beach, Ca find me, we're twinz

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I'm really enjoying the fact that there don't seem to be any around here. Surprising since I'm in a metro area. I'm cool being the only one with this bike though.

Spotted a white fz-07 in downtown Petaluma, is this you?

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

Spotted a white yesterday in downtown LA near Figueroa and 7th around noon. Also spotted a white one passing on los feliz near the griffith park entrance(close to the 5 freeway). Around 7-8pm?

Gotta find some locals to ride with this saturday!!

Archived