The MT-07 Forum

Deals gap trip - and thanks to forum sponsor for saving my weekend!

c0al67

had my last deals gap trip for the season this past weekend. obligatory killboy photo:

killboyoct17.jpg

Anyways, my friend lowsided Sat afternoon and snapped his footpeg completely off his ducati. If you know the area, nothing is open Sat night or sunday and we had no way to fix it. Using what I had on my bike, some allen wrenches and safety wire, I made a makeshift peg so we could ride back to the cabin. 

I was super bummed and didn't wanna go home early. The only person I knew of remotely in the area was the forum sponsor @pjfz1 , who has the sportbikes4hire business. So i sent him a PM on here with my phone number and told him what happened. PJ sent me a text back immediately and delivered us a foot peg an hour away!! he refused to take anything for delivering it for us and charged us regular price for the peg. Anyways, it was so cool of the guy to do that for us and save our weekend I wanted to mention it to the forum and let you all know how awesome our sponsors are!

Im happy to hear that it was only a footpeg and that your friend is ok. 

@pjfz1 and @msPJFZ1 at Sportbikes4hireshop are a great example of what's good about the motorcycle community. 

Thanks for sharing your story! 

3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Im happy to hear that it was only a footpeg and that your friend is ok. 

@pjfz1 and @msPJFZ1 at Sportbikes4hireshop are a great example of what's good about the motorcycle community. 

Thanks for sharing your story! 

His ego got bruised up, but other than that it was all good! It was pretty awesome of PJ. I've never met him before or anything, i'm sure he'd have done the same for any forum member. 

1 minute ago, c0al67 said:

His ego got bruised up, but other than that it was all good! It was pretty awesome of PJ. I've never met him before or anything, i'm sure he'd have done the same for any forum member. 

He would. Just the kind of guy he is. 

Thanks guys - we're always happy to help, and we love getting loose for a couple of hours to get breakfast at the gap, so it worked out great.

Good meeting you guys.  Next time down pop by the shop on your way in. Always stocked up on bottled water and adult beverages for after the riding.

Archived