The MT-07 Forum

Oh Dear God, Please do not let this happen

r1limited

5 minutes ago, Beemer said:

The people you see riding them are the problem. They just haven't become used to them yet and there's always the possibility they'e one of those rare people that just don't belong behind the handlebars or wheel of any machine (maybe that's why they chose a three wheeler to begin with???) but the bike itself handles very well from everything I've read about them.

Exactly, just like cages many , many people really have no ability to be behind a wheel, yet they are allowed to because they pass a test.  Just like the kid who saved up all that paper route money to by that first bike and convinced his or hers parents a CBR or R6 is a great bike.  I get it, it is what it is, but IMO what this does is put people in harms way because it is true, some people are just to stupid to kow thier limits

But ya only live once so lets take out others while we live ;)

I just hate them things

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

31 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Exactly, just like cages many , many people really have no ability to be behind a wheel, yet they are allowed to because they pass a test.  Just like the kid who saved up all that paper route money to by that first bike and convinced his or hers parents a CBR or R6 is a great bike.  I get it, it is what it is, but IMO what this does is put people in harms way because it is true, some people are just to stupid to kow thier limits

But ya only live once so lets take out others while we live ;)

I just hate them things

Ha, ha! Alright, you can keep hating them. I hate other things when maybe I shouldn't, things like Mickey Mouse hairdos and just plain stupid hair styles in general.

micky mouse hair 2.jpg

micky mouse hair1.jpg

dumb hair.jpg <<< Just plain stupid. 😆

Beemer

I hate really really fat people in LouLou Lemons spandix

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Much excitement! I think we've wrung out the error about it being for those with disabilities. Isn't it ALL and only about front end grip? Looks like overkill to me on that issue.

Just do it! 

I don't like the looks of it, but I don't like the look of cruisers either (or much else about cruisers except for the luggage capacity).  If somebody else likes it and wants one for whatever reason, it's none of my business.  They're spending their money, not mine, so God bless 'em and let 'em get out and ride.

16 hours ago, rider said:

I don't like the looks of it, but I don't like the look of cruisers either (or much else about cruisers except for the luggage capacity).  If somebody else likes it and wants one for whatever reason, it's none of my business.  They're spending their money, not mine, so God bless 'em and let 'em get out and ride.

My sentiments, exactly.  Well, they are bikers just like myself and they deserve to have the same fun so let them. I may secretly laugh inside about the bike but I don't laugh out loud.

Beemer

YOU ALL DONT GET IT, THIS IS A VAST IN THE MIDDLE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY AL THAT IS SACRED IN MOTORCYCLING

My gosh people what is happening here, its like the invasion of the body snatchers .............

Oh Crap

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
4 minutes ago, r1limited said:

YOU ALL DONT GET IT, THIS IS A VAST IN THE MIDDLE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY AL THAT IS SACRED IN MOTORCYCLING

My gosh people what is happening here, its like the invasion of the body snatchers .............

Oh Crap

You mean that--oh no--someday soon it will not even be possible to buy a vehicle with only two wheels. 

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

2 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

You mean that--oh no--someday soon it will not even be possible to buy a vehicle with only two wheels. 

THE HORROR
THE HORROR

horror.jpg

"ATC Three wheelers were banned for crippling people in the same manner."

Those 3 wheelers are dangerous because they have the single wheel at the front. That makes them tip when cornering. A great example of this was on Top Gear when the presenter was driving a Reliant Robin ( just don't ask...you don't want to know). Same setup. If he went at any speed around a corner it would tip over.

There were 3 wheelers with the Spyder setup long ago and they were very stable. The most stable and quick was the Morgan ( vincent Vtwin motor mounted V across the frame). They were VERY quick and stable. Leaning threewheelers like the pictured and Piaggios are extremely stable, because they maintain the Cornering vector inside the wheel triangle even better than a motorcycle. If I hwas going to go touring and had a lot more money than I have I wouldn't mind a Spyder. That Yammie though...hmmm...no...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 10/28/2017 at 7:18 AM, bornagainbiker said:

What advantages would a bike like this offer for someone with limited strength and/or mobility? 

I don't know if it offers any help in those situations at all. It still has a sidestand, so it apparently will fall over on it's own. Unless it has gyros to hold it up while running, and the sidestand is only for parking that thing? I haven't looked up any real info on it. 

I'll be civil and just say it's not my cup of tea...

We have lots of those 3 wheelers over here in EU.

There's only one reason to buy one and that is that they count as cars and does not require an MC license. They tilt just like a 2 wheeler in the turns and does not behave like the CanAm at all, feels just like riding a bike.

They exist only because of the hole in the EU regulations for what a car or a bike is, no other reason.

3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I don't know if it offers any help in those situations at all. It still has a sidestand, so it apparently will fall over on it's own. Unless it has gyros to hold it up while running, and the sidestand is only for parking that thing? I haven't looked up any real info on it. 

They can be locked with switches on the handlebar that will prevent them from tipping over. So whenever you come to a stop, you lock the suspension, and when you move again you release it. At least on the MP3.

8 hours ago, faffi said:

They can be locked with switches on the handlebar that will prevent them from tipping over. So whenever you come to a stop, you lock the suspension, and when you move again you release it. At least on the MP3.

BUt what if your drunk?  I can see a new trend instea dof cow tipping its ..... Drum Roll Please

16 hours ago, faffi said:

Ah, I see. Thanks. 

I distrust technology so much that I like it even less now lol. I know I'd be the guy to have the suspension lock on me right before I plan to take a curve...

Strictly speaking for myself, but simplicity is what I love about bikes. The bare minimal of a vehicle to get you where you need to go. 

• 2 months later...
firstyammerha

check out Tilt Wheels Moto website. They make this type front suspension for the big tourers like the Gold Wing and FJR 1300.

• 2 months later...
HARRY BALZAK

The first thing I said when I saw this is, I want to wheelie it and I bet it does great stoppies. Does that make me a squid. Do I want to test ride it? Hell yes. Would I buy one? Probably not, but let's see how that test ride goes. Why make up your mind before you try it? Guacamole looks terrible but I love it. Gravy looks like brown snot but that shits tasty. Vagina looks weird as hell, but that stuff is terrific. Y'all need to quit being so dang closed minded.

Archived