The MT-07 Forum

What body panels are needed to change color?

darinja

Hey everybody, I'm still new here and did some searching but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm looking at buying a 2017 red ABS FZ07 but not a huge fan of the red color, but the price is amazing and I love the ABS option.  I'm trying to find a complete parts list of what panels I'd need to replace to change the color to either the 2016 black or 2016 Armor gray.  Does anybody have this, and possibly even an idea of cost if I had to buy the parts new?  

Thanks and I hope to be part of the FZ07 owners soon!

Do you have a Yamaha dealership close by that could tell you. You could also always tell them you would buy an FZ-07 if it had black or armor gray panels instead of the red to see if they would bite and switch the parts out for you. I couldn't say how they'll react to that but it's worth a try. All they can say is no or that it'll cost you a little extra, which it should.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Member @anim8of this forum changed the color of his 2017 Red FZ-07 w/ABS to armor grey. I changed my 2015 Red FZ-07 from Red to white. The 2017 Red FZ-07 will need to have a couple extra body parts changed to achieve your color change. This is because the rear side panels are red.

The body parts you need to purchase to achieve your color are as follows:

- The left and right front colored fender piece for your new color 

- The 3 tank panels for your new color, they are the left and right side panels plus the center tank panel piece. The side tank panels each have 2 foam damper pieces to prevent rattling when installed on the bike’s frame. You can remove these damper pieces from the red panels and stick on the new panels or just purchase them. They only cost a few dollars each.

- The 2 rear side panels, since they are red on the 2017, will need to be replaced with the 2 associated with your new color

- There are 2 body pieces near the pillion seat. One is directly behind the pillion seat and the other is directly in front of the pillion seat. If they are red, you will need to replace those body pieces. Be sure to check the red bike at the dealer to verify if there are other parts missing from this list. 

- You may need to purchase any FZ-07 stickers that are on any panels, since they typically do not come with the body part. 

- You can reuse the body hardware from your red body parts.

It is very important you know the color codes for the new bike color you want before ordering your new body parts. Check the forum for this color code information as it is available on this forum. Use the search feature on this forum. 

There are several online parts stores to purchase these body parts, but is important to also consider the shipping cost. Some may have cheaper prices on their parts, but the shipping cost sometimes make the total cost higher.

Here are a few online parts stores:

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/

https://www.partsfish.com/

Ther are other online parts stores to be found on this forum. Also, check with your local Yamaha dealer to see if they will give you a good price since you may purchase a bike from them. 

21 minutes ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

Member @anim8of this forum changed the color of his 2017 Red FZ-07 w/ABS to armor grey. I changed my 2015 Red FZ-07 from Red to white. The 2017 Red FZ-07 will need to have a couple extra body parts changed to achieve your color change. This is because the rear side panels are red.

The body parts you need to purchase to achieve your color are as follows:

- The left and right front colored fender piece for your new color 

- The 3 tank panels for your new color, they are the left and right side panels plus the center tank panel piece. The side tank panels each have 2 foam damper pieces to prevent rattling when installed on the bike’s frame. You can remove these damper pieces from the red panels and stick on the new panels or just purchase them. They only cost a few dollars each.

- The 2 rear side panels, since they are red on the 2017, will need to be replaced with the 2 associated with your new color

- You may need to purchase any FZ-07 stickers that are on any panels, since they typically do not come with the body part. 

- You can reuse the body hardware from your red body parts.

It is very important you know the color codes for the new bike color you want before ordering your new body parts. Check the forum for this color code information as it is available on this forum. Use the search feature on this forum. 

There are several online parts stores to purchase these body parts, but is important to also consider the shipping cost. Some may have cheaper prices on their parts, but the shipping cost sometimes make the total cost higher.

Here are a few online parts stores:

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com

https://www.partsfish.com

Ther are other online parts stores to be found on this forum. Also, check with your local Yamaha dealer to see if they will give you a good price since you may purchase a bike from them. 

Perfect thank you so much!  After a brief lookup on yamahapartshouse it looks like about $300 plus taxes/shipping.  I'm thinking about switching to armor grey too if I'm able to purchase this bike.  

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@darinja, I think I missed the following parts that are red and need to be replaced:

There are 2 body pieces near the pillion seat. One is directly behind the pillion seat and the other is directly in front of the pillion seat. I believe they are red, you will need to replace those body pieces. Be sure to check the red bike at the dealer to verify if there are other red parts missing from the list. You can also check with @anim8Good Luck!

Archived