The MT-07 Forum

Tuned by previous owner - problems

VTFZ

My FZ07 came with Akrapovic racing full exhaust (baffle removed) and a power commander v already installed - according to the dealership, tuned by the previous owner. I don't know if the previous owner had it tuned on a dyno or a generic map. I am having sporadic problems with the bike that leads me to believe the tune isn't quite right. 

It seems to occur most often after cruising at 50-60mph, speeding up to 75-80mph+, and then decelerating to 30-40mph. When I get down to 3rd or 4th gear and try to accelerate back up to 50mph~ it feels like the bike is not getting fuel - exhaust popping, sputtering, shaking, no power at all. The first time this happened I pulled over, shifted down to 1st and continued my ride and it ran fine. The second time it happened the bike ran awful in gears 3-5, once I got into 6th at around 48mph it cleared up. I understand there are several factors in tuning to get it "right." I have tuned cars before but I am new to bike tuning and power commander. Here are some screenshots of the fuel and ignition maps currently loaded on the bike. Does anything stand out as off? Any help is appreciated.

Fuel

FZ07%20Fuel%20map_zpsfqci0znk.jpg

Ignition

FZ07%20Ignition%20map_zps6lyshzv4.jpg

As crshopper says, just try dowloading a generic map from the dynojet website that suits your setup best. I use a generic PCV file with my setup and it works extremely well.

Does your bike have an aftermarket air filter or snorkel removed? This should influence the generic file you choose a lot.

Another thing to check is whether your bike has the PCV O2 optimizer installed (& connected properly) - this little black box plugs in line with the O2 sensor on your exhaust (google it) should be fairly easy to see.

p.s. I can't see your pics hosted on photobucket due to their 'limitations'...

• Premium Member

check all connections... you should not be using the ignition maps if your ECU has been reflashed as you dont know what ignition changes the ECU tuner made...AFAIK all generic PCV maps are built off of plain jane OEM fueling... also make sure the PCV is getting power and whatnot, even shake the PCV unit to make sure its not losing power... bad/wonky TPS will make the bike run funny... even check to see if the optional gear signal wire is connected if previous owner hooked up the gear sensor for "per gear mapping" ... even check the airbox to make sure its not flooded with oil and the filter didnt get soaked with oil which happens when one puts too much oil in during an oil change...at least check out the spark plugs, check to make sure the TBs are in synch, etc as you brought it from a previous owner via private sale???

it almost sounds like you are using an AutoTuner and trying to tune a flashed ECU because AutoTuner will try to lean out the decel injection because it dont know any better if the ECU tuner turned the decel injection back on... took me a long time to figure that out 😒 that PCV cannot ignore the decel injection...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Loaded a map from the dynojet website today and the bike is running good so far, I did about 60 miles with no issues. Here are the table comparisons, big differences.

Original

59f13f7e37689_FZ07Fuelmap.thumb.jpg.34a2ab19e3c6190f5f266edb01edb10d.jpg

From dynojet site

59f13f82bd6c7_newmap.thumb.jpg.be91802804bbddddbbafc3621f5a602c.jpg

Wow that first map is rich! The timing table might also have been stuffed around with contributing to your problems.

Good to hear it's running better. The PCV makes running pretty easy in my opinion.

Archived