phyciocc

After a LOOONG time, a ride!

phyciocc

Hello everyone:

About 6 months ago, my blood pressure became too high to ignore. 

On May 15 I started taking medication.  Soon after I started feeling woozy for hours at the time.  Getting on a bike was out of the question. 

But slowly, oh ever so slowly, things got better.  My pressure is well controlled, I feel better, lost a little weight and I am not woozy anymore. 

So today, after a 5 month hiatus, I got back on my red beast. 

At first it felt as if I had never ridden a bike before but slowly (and 60 miles later) things came back. 

It was a nice two hour ride in the Kentucky countryside. 

Being Sunday afternoon, though, Sunday drivers were out in force.

I saw an overturned minivan on a 1 lane road (looked like he put wheels in the ditch and flipped).  All of Garrard country finest (probably all 8 of them :) , including firefighters and EMS personnel) were there.

Once back in town, saw another crash (in this one a car rear-ended another that was making a right turn).  The hit must have been fairly hard, as stretchers were out.  This one looked serious, actually.  Hope everyone was fine.

But I survived the encounters, and felt no wooziness. I am back😎!

Marco

• Like 8

Cruizin

Hey man it's really good to see you on here again. Great to hear that you are back in the saddle! 

• Like 1

Beemer

Ahhh, there you are! Wondered where you've been. I hope you keep the blood pressure under control, especially while trying to balance on two wheels. I bet you felt giddy as hell getting back in the saddle and actually riding again. I would've been. Stay frosty and upright!

• Like 1

phyciocc

Thank you guys!  As a punishment for yesterday,  has been reining all day :)

Now I want to go riding again and I can't :(

Marco

• Like 1

r1limited

Personally I found my pressure was related to the foods I ate.  I eat no proccessed foods PERDIO, no breads, my diet really is based now on paleo.

Glad your back, ride on