The MT-07 Forum

Hey, are the "auto welcome" new member posts getting old?

Cruizin

Thumbs up or down on the new member welcome posts?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Thumbs up or down on the new member welcome posts?

• Thumbs up, its welcoming
    • Thumbs down, it's not a good vibe

This will be a very short term poll

Is creating new topics to welcome ea new member a bit too much? 

Thanks for da feed back. Sometime as a software develops, certain new features are fun to try for the sake of community enhancement. If this feature sucks please help me settle it here and it's gone..  💣

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

The only thing I don’t like about the “welcome messages”, is they bury a new member’s actual post under “new members introductions”. Maybe do the “welcome messages” as a pm to each new member or move these “welcome messages” under their own thread.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
1 hour ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

The only thing I don’t like about the “welcome messages”, is they bury a new member’s actual post under “new members introductions”. Maybe do the “welcome messages” as a pm to each new member or move these “welcome messages” under their own thread.

This. :)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

IPB can be established for 1st Post to be in New Members Introductions.  Until they do that they cannot post anywere else.  I foudn that to be a very good feature in IPB

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I like the idea of welcoming people but more like how we used to do it. The automated way beats you to the welcome and comes off as a little less warm & fuzzy, less ingenuous. Not that it is. 

Beemer

Yeah I am not a fan. I like to surf the intros to see if there are any other Aussies or Queenslanders signed up and it just gets too long with no responses.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

Being fairly new here I think I would have appreciated a welcome when I showed up just to give me a starting point. But then again I'm only seeing 1 in 10 responding to the new Welcomes. So I may be an exception.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived