Sign in to follow this  
phanomenal07

Can I reuse spray bottle that had kerosene in it

phanomenal07

Hey guys

I put kerosene in a spray bottle to clean my chain. I now want to use this spray bottle for something else. I wash the bottle and put water in it. I want to use it to spray my windshield and tank fairing after each ride to get all the bugs off is that ok or will the kerosene trace damage my bike?

tavisb

Probably not, but why not just get another spray bottle?

phanomenal07
1 hour ago, tavisb said:

Probably not, but why not just get another spray bottle?

Because I won’t be able to get another one by tomorrow morning. I rode to work 2 days already and the entire front of my bike is covered in bugs

norcal616

The secret to a long living FZ-07 is wash it no more 3 times a year if you ride the FZ-07 daily or like 90% or more daily... clean bikes are for dealerships floors...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

phanomenal07
3 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

The secret to a long living FZ-07 is wash it no more 3 times a year if you ride the FZ-07 daily or like 90% or more daily... clean bikes are for dealerships floors...

Any reasoning behind this?

r1limited

Yes clean it with kersone first.

You can clean the bottle using 409 and or simple green, but why not just go buy a few bottles what they are like 1.99 and best ?

Use a wamr washcloth to get the bugs off

Edited by r1limited

glockpointer

Give the bike a spray of water and put paper towels on it for a few mins, the bugs will wipe right off after softening, works on helmet visor while you're at the bar too

• Like 4

r1limited
14 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Uh that rule applies to Hondas as it is well know if you wash the dirt and grease off they break and leak

Mr.Puss
21 hours ago, norcal616 said:

You know what I cant stand?  Dust and dirt in my screw/bolt holes.

• Haha 1

Beemer

Fill it up with diet coke and drop a few Mentos in it.

• Haha 2

DewMan
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, Beemer said:

Fill it up with diet coke and drop a few Mentos in it.

Then put it in the microwave to dry. :D

• Haha 1

shinyribs
On 10/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, phanomenal07 said:

Hey guys

I put kerosene in a spray bottle to clean my chain. I now want to use this spray bottle for something else. I wash the bottle and put water in it. I want to use it to spray my windshield and tank fairing after each ride to get all the bugs off is that ok or will the kerosene trace damage my bike?

A few drops of dish soap, warm water and give it a good shake. Dish soap is a great, mild non-solvent degreaser and rinses away easily. When all odor of kero is gone you'll know it's clean. 

• Like 1

Beemer
12 hours ago, shinyribs said:

A few drops of dish soap, warm water and give it a good shake. Dish soap is a great, mild non-solvent degreaser and rinses away easily. When all odor of kero is gone you'll know it's clean. 

Shinyribs is right. I used Ajax with bleach alternative a few days ago to clean the bike and the chain and it cleaned/degreased just fine. It's mild and safe to use on your bike and best of all, it's dirt cheap.

gregjet

Ajax used to have some nasty abrasives in it. Don't know if it still has but you might want to check. It was originally designed to clean stainless sinks and pots.