The MT-07 Forum

Can I reuse spray bottle that had kerosene in it

phanomenal07

Hey guys

I put kerosene in a spray bottle to clean my chain. I now want to use this spray bottle for something else. I wash the bottle and put water in it. I want to use it to spray my windshield and tank fairing after each ride to get all the bugs off is that ok or will the kerosene trace damage my bike?

1 hour ago, tavisb said:

Probably not, but why not just get another spray bottle?

Because I won’t be able to get another one by tomorrow morning. I rode to work 2 days already and the entire front of my bike is covered in bugs

• Premium Member

The secret to a long living FZ-07 is wash it no more 3 times a year if you ride the FZ-07 daily or like 90% or more daily... clean bikes are for dealerships floors...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

3 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

The secret to a long living FZ-07 is wash it no more 3 times a year if you ride the FZ-07 daily or like 90% or more daily... clean bikes are for dealerships floors...

Any reasoning behind this?

Yes clean it with kersone first.

You can clean the bottle using 409 and or simple green, but why not just go buy a few bottles what they are like 1.99 and best ?

Use a wamr washcloth to get the bugs off

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Give the bike a spray of water and put paper towels on it for a few mins, the bugs will wipe right off after softening, works on helmet visor while you're at the bar too

14 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Uh that rule applies to Hondas as it is well know if you wash the dirt and grease off they break and leak

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, norcal616 said:

You know what I cant stand?  Dust and dirt in my screw/bolt holes.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, Beemer said:

Fill it up with diet coke and drop a few Mentos in it.

Then put it in the microwave to dry. :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, phanomenal07 said:

Hey guys

I put kerosene in a spray bottle to clean my chain. I now want to use this spray bottle for something else. I wash the bottle and put water in it. I want to use it to spray my windshield and tank fairing after each ride to get all the bugs off is that ok or will the kerosene trace damage my bike?

A few drops of dish soap, warm water and give it a good shake. Dish soap is a great, mild non-solvent degreaser and rinses away easily. When all odor of kero is gone you'll know it's clean. 

12 hours ago, shinyribs said:

A few drops of dish soap, warm water and give it a good shake. Dish soap is a great, mild non-solvent degreaser and rinses away easily. When all odor of kero is gone you'll know it's clean. 

Shinyribs is right. I used Ajax with bleach alternative a few days ago to clean the bike and the chain and it cleaned/degreased just fine. It's mild and safe to use on your bike and best of all, it's dirt cheap.

Beemer

Ajax used to have some nasty abrasives in it. Don't know if it still has but you might want to check. It was originally designed to clean stainless sinks and pots.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived