The MT-07 Forum

Sounds an FZ-07 makes

i28

• Premium Member

One sound is the scraping sound that I hear from the engine at about 4000RPM in 2nd gear.

Anyone else notice that or any other sounds our bike makes?

• Premium Member

It sounds as if it comes from the front and only comes on during certain RPM/gears. I wonder if it may be. I'll give it a second listen when I get the chance

Dustin Coffey
38 minutes ago, tavisb said:

Are you sure it's not the chain? Chains make a lot of noises.

You're not kidding. I think my Sh!t is broken all the time and then I go "OH, It's that infernal power train device comprised of loosely pinned together metal pieces spinning at 10 millions rippums a minute". 

34 minutes ago, i28 said:

It sounds as if it comes from the front and only comes on during certain RPM/gears. I wonder if it may be. I'll give it a second listen when I get the chance

^ Obviously what I'm about to recommend is not really safe. In your neighborhood of wherever you live at so long as the traffic level is low. Take your helmet off an ride around slowly. It is amazing the noises that you can identify and hear more clearly than when you have your helmet on. 

Just don't crash into anything and slosh your cerebrospinal fluid around. 

• Global Moderator

Sounds can bounce around and appear to come from the wrong locations. More around a bit as you ride and see if you can pinpoint it. I thought I had an engine noise on my DRZ once, and I realized that it was just the chain/front sprocket noise bouncing off of my left foot. When I moved my foot off the peg the sound changed and I could identify it.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, tavisb said:

Sounds can bounce around and appear to come from the wrong location.

I could see how having a helmet on could make it come from somewhere else too. 

I've heard of people saying he chain was loud and I never connected the noise on my bike with the chain. It would make sense that it would happen in specific RPM and gears just because of the changing tension on it. 

On 10/20/2017 at 8:18 AM, i28 said:

A vibration perhaps, something a little loose??? I get a tingly tickle from vibration in me arse at around 5k rpm at times. Strange, it doesn't happen all the time.

Noise? My pipe makes a little bit of a rattle noise when coming off high rpm's. I figure it's just touching somewhere it shouldn't be. I'll look at it closely some day. Could a loose db killer be making that noise? Hmmmm???

Beemer

Archived