The MT-07 Forum

EJK+ Akra Carbon Setting with Snorkel on

sen07

Hi. I just bought the Akra Carbon (still in box since its been a hectic weather out here). I know the Dobeck has the recommended settings available but Im hoping if anyone could help me with the setting for ‘Baffle in, Stock Air cleaner and Snorkel intact’. (I already installed the ejk with stock exhaust for few monts now) Reasons i want the snorkel where it is cos i ride my bike as a commuter rain or shine. Or if anyone has any experience riding their bike in the rain without the snorkel? Do share.. thanks, an MT from Malaysia

I’ve ridden in the rain( downpour ) without snorkel or snorkel plate and my bike is fine 23,000 miles no issues...as far as settings... that’s just something you should kinda “feel” or buy an aftermarket wideband gauge or something 

7 hours ago, crsnhppr said:

I’ve ridden in the rain( downpour ) without snorkel or snorkel plate and my bike is fine 23,000 miles no issues...as far as settings... that’s just something you should kinda “feel” or buy an aftermarket wideband gauge or something 

thanks for your reply. well if u say so i might left the snorkel off and use the setting given.

2 hours ago, sen07 said:

thanks for your reply. well if u say so i might left the snorkel off and use the setting given.

If you want a more aggressive throttle when you give it a lot of wrist , increase the green/blue flashing light combination (accel pump) . Want the acceleration fueling sooner? Lower the red/blue setting , or raise it for the opposite. A lot of how the power feels can be felt with adjusting the switch points of the controller.

10 hours ago, crsnhppr said:

If you want a more aggressive throttle when you give it a lot of wrist , increase the green/blue flashing light combination (accel pump) . Want the acceleration fueling sooner? Lower the red/blue setting , or raise it for the opposite. A lot of how the power feels can be felt with adjusting the switch points of the controller.

Well im super suck when it comes to this techy stuff, i cant even tell which is rich and lean. Wish theres more stuff about ejk in utube since i dont have friends here using one. Ive installed the exhaust just now, man its sound nice!!! (I know im late) cant ride em yet cos the storm.ive put the stock setting back. Will probably ride em for a week before change it to the dobeck recommendation settings. 

Yeah just use the map Doebeck lists , make sure you disconnect your O2 sensor ( there is a wire you detach under neath the side guard/plate things that leads to the O2 sensor. And go from there. Call or email the Doebeck people if you need to with any help because they have pretty good customer service and can help you with anything.

567D81DA-CE1C-408B-BB7D-303C6B9E45D1.png

1 hour ago, crsnhppr said:

Yeah just use the map Doebeck lists , make sure you disconnect your O2 sensor ( there is a wire you detach under neath the side guard/plate things that leads to the O2 sensor. And go from there. Call or email the Doebeck people if you need to with any help because they have pretty good customer service and can help you with anything.

567D81DA-CE1C-408B-BB7D-303C6B9E45D1.png

Got a chance this morning to get a test ride before the wind starts blowing. I set the ejk to stock settings (its like the bike not using any mods). Wow its already good! The 2nd and 3rd gear was smooth and ‘long’, changing gear was easy too. I didnt even notice i was cruising in 5th around 120kmh cos its that smooth. Maybe a tiny loss in engine braking but not so much. 6th was..seems a bit underpower. No backfire. Although i felt more vibration on the handle bar as i ride home. 

Ill keep the ‘no setting’ for few weeks bfre switching to dobeck recommendation 😉

Archived