The MT-07 Forum

JD Beach at AFT finale, Perris CA.

markstertt

JD Beach is one of those road racers that I like to watch and when the road race season was over this year he entered the last American Flat Track race of the season, the finale at Perris raceway and I believe his only flat track race of the year. I know he has a background in dirt track but still, one race a year and on a new to him Yamaha DT-07 to come from 7th on the grid to finish 3rd behind the championship winning Indian and an XR750. He even blew past my guy, DT-07 mounted Sammy Halbert on a track that was almost impossible to pass on due to the narrow groove. JD stated that his bad start was due to him reverting to GP shifting coming off the line, shifting from second down to first then back to second and into third, I sure would have liked to have seen him get off the line in third place...he was very quick and may even have placed higher and it would have been very interesting to seem him pressure the XR and the Indian. I can't wait for next year and only wish that JD could ride both, street and dirt...oh well.

JD is one all around racer.  Super nice guy as well.  He is one of them talants that comes once a life time IMO. 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

6 hours ago, r1limited said:

JD is one all around racer.  Super nice guy as well.  He is one of them talants that comes once a life time IMO. 

I agree from what I have read about him, seen on TV and in interviews...

Archived