The MT-07 Forum

Coffee is good!

pjfz1

Not all Coffee is good, take starbucks, high dollor burnt piss water.  Now if you are in the Know Ducth Bros is awesome.

But over all, YES COFFEE Turns zombies into humans again.... :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Oh yes - Not Starbucks, but the mud that gets me moving here at my desk when I've got early customers to deal with after a late worknight.

I'm retired USN, so it's not always about quality, it's about function.

Thank you for your service this American is greatful

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Just now, r1limited said:

Thank you for your service this American is greatful

You're welcome - It was my Honor to serve. First generation American here, I grew up knowing I owed this country something, as my family only survived WWII due to the sacrifices America made to liberate Europe.

• Premium Member

As a math guy, your post reminded me of this quote:

"a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems"

On 10/18/2017 at 9:14 AM, pjfz1 said:

Oh yes - Not Starbucks, but the mud that gets me moving here at my desk when I've got early customers to deal with after a late worknight.

I'm retired USN, so it's not always about quality, it's about function.

So true about the function. While out in the field and doing KP once years ago I was fortunate enough to find out how the ARMY did it's strong coffee. They brought water to a boil in these huge pots and poured the coffee grounds in to boil for a few minutes until the desired color was reached. Then they turned the heat off to stop it from boiling and let the grounds fall to the bottom. Then they ladled the coffee out. If you got the coffee at the bottom, next to the grounds, you got the crème de la crème. Sure, you had to spit a few grounds out here and there but it was worth it.

Beemer

I have mine every single morning. I need to figure out how to bring coffee to work when I ride my bike, anyone have any recommended travel mugs that can be put in a backpack?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, C4 Trousers said:

I have mine every single morning. I need to figure out how to bring coffee to work when I ride my bike, anyone have any recommended travel mugs that can be put in a backpack?

I highly recommend the Contigo West Loop. It come in 16, 20 and 24oz versions and is spill proof and can lock closed for safe packing when full. I use them daily.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 minute ago, DewMan said:

I highly recommend the Contigo West Loop. It come in 16, 20 and 24oz versions and is spill proof and can lock closed for safe packing when full. I use them daily.

Thanks i'll check them out, right now I'm using my 40oz hydroflask that I use for water but its huge and I think it keeps my coffee too hot. I can't drink any until like two hours after it's been poured!

• Global Moderator

Coffee is the lifeblood of the world...

to quote heath ledger

59e8c31e4eafb_1xvwmz(2).jpg.546be178c81ac479eaabcbde905d7fda.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Well, I am originally from Naples, Italy.  One can say that there is a little blood in my espresso.  THIS is my coffee maker

IMG_3088red.JPG

3 hours ago, phyciocc said:

Well, I am originally from Naples, Italy.  One can say that there is a little blood in my espresso.  THIS is my coffee maker

And where is this?  I might need coffee one morning...

On 10/18/2017 at 7:14 AM, i28 said:

As a math guy, your post reminded me of this quote:

"a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems"

LOL

That made me remember an engineer one day after we ran out of coffee declair
"NO COFFEE NO CODE"

• Premium Member

Espresso machine for making 'Quad Americanos' at work and french press at home. Hot, cold, warm, day or night, no matter.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

Espresso machine for making 'Quad Americanos' at work and french press at home. Hot, cold, warm, day or night, no matter.

I like you! (in that "r1limited" sort of way, Nothing weird.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, pjfz1 said:

I like you! (in that "r1limited" sort of way, Nothing weird.

Its cool man, I dont judge. Weird is fine, as long as there's coffee.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, guylee said:

I hate coffee

In Soviet Russia, coffee drink you.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, DewMan said:

Agreed, they work great! I had one and left it in a shopping cart at an Aldi food market. Someone else thought it was great also and took it. My thoughts ... the sob, my Contigo cup!!

Beemer

On 10/20/2017 at 8:39 AM, i28 said:

I used to go to a shop that would brew coffee like this:

The problem with that method for people like me is it puts you to work before you've had your coffee and in my world that's a no-no! 

Beemer

14 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

In Soviet Russia, coffee drink you.

It will regret me when I RIP through it's lower intestines!

Beemer

• Global Moderator
On 10/20/2017 at 5:39 AM, i28 said:

I used to go to a shop that would brew coffee like this:

used to? is it still there?

if so...we're going there next time i get out there

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived