The MT-07 Forum

What cable is this

Gngan

I damaged this cable and couldn’t find any info on this. Can anyone show me how their cable is tied down? I changed the sprocket cover and unsure whether the cable should be outside or inside the cover.

CCEF0248-F5AF-46F3-957E-98904D985FB4.jpeg

That is the side stand swith wire.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

3 hours ago, r1limited said:

That is the side stand swith wire.

Like r1limited said, side stand switch wire, it and the 2 vent hoses normally tuck behind the stock cover that has a built in 'isolation' shelf that you tuck them into...this keeps them from getting into your counter shaft sprocket & chain which wouldn't be good. I don't know if your aftermarket cover has such a feature, if not, then you have to either modify it or locate the wires and hoses on the outside as in your picture.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:19 AM, Gngan said:

I damaged this cable and couldn’t find any info on this. Can anyone show me how their cable is tied down? I changed the sprocket cover and unsure whether the cable should be outside or inside the cover.

CCEF0248-F5AF-46F3-957E-98904D985FB4.jpeg

Here's a pic of my cables and how they're routed behind my plate and they get tucked behind that cable bracket that's in your pic, that's all there is to hold them. The screw driver is touching the kickstand switch wire and they all bundle together to the left.  If you're concerned with anything getting loose underneath the bracket just use a zip tie (just snug, not tight) around all three to keep them together.

kickstand switch cable.JPG

Beemer

14 hours ago, Beemer said:

Here's a pic of my cables and how they're routed behind my plate and they get tucked behind that cable bracket that's in your pic, that's all there is to hold them. The screw driver is touching the kickstand switch wire and they all bundle together to the left.  If you're concerned with anything getting loose underneath the bracket just use a zip tie (just snug, not tight) around all three to keep them together.

kickstand switch cable.JPG inside

Beemer, I don't know if you've had your cover off or not but like I said there is a 'shelf' on the inside of the cover that the wires and hoses tuck into, take a look cuz mine has one.

"Can anyone show me how their cable is tied down? I changed the sprocket cover and unsure whether the cable should be outside or inside the cover."

"there is a 'shelf' on the inside of the cover that the wires and hoses tuck into"

"Can anyone show me how their cable is tied down?"

^   Confusion.

Go back and read what you said again, you didn't say there is a shelf behind your cover to tuck hoses & wire behind.

I didn't notice anything behind mine but then again I didn't look but nothing behind my cover was tied down when I looked at it just last week. The clips that are there to hold everything in place will hold everything in place so I recommend you tuck everything into the shelf you mentioned and be done with it. There is nothing more to do after that. GL and have a great day!

Beemer

Here is a picture of my finger point to a empty coffee cup

20171020_082418.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived